Call of Duty 4 for Leopard running slowly?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by campeao, Mar 15, 2009.

1. campeao macrumors newbie

Currently I'm running the base model unibody MacBookPro (2.4Ghz C2D, 2GM RAM, 9600GT, etc) but I feel like my version of CoD4 for Leopard is underperforming.

[​IMG]

These are the settings I'm using, and yet my FPS fluctuates from 25 to 70, and there are even times when there is noticeable screen lag. I may be completely incorrect, but I feel like I remembered reading that the new MBPs should be able to run CoD4 at near full settings without any sort of hiccups.

Comments/advice?

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Goto "Textures" and change "Automatic" to Normal for all settings.

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Take of Specular Maps and Depth of Field. Those are framerate killers.

4. campeao thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyone here with CoD4 and the same model MBP who can tell me what kind of performance they get?

5. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

Yeah I have the same Unibody MBP and use the 9600GT and use the optimized settings and I get a noticeable lag as well.

6. AsianTko macrumors newbie

Mine lags to but when i zoom in it starts too get fuzzy , can anyone help ? PLZ:(

7. Snowfoe macrumors newbie

Ive been doing a little investigating :p on the Call Of Duty 4 issue myself becasuse i play Call Of Duty 4 on the mac like every day so here is what i have come up with so far!

1.Call Of Duty 4 was ported to Mac from Windows so therefore it not going to look as good on the Mac ( i hate downing Mac :(:apple::apple:).
    Im not a computer expert but i think this porting issue is due to whenever the game gets ported over to the Mac the coding could gets messed up or because Mac cant read Windows code to good either! :cool: lol

2.Another issue is that i have found is that the MacBook pro's like the one i have with the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT card just cant handle the graphics of Call Of Duty 4 unlike the new MacBook Pro's with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400 M.

I am still looking into this isuee pretty heavy so whenever i find out some more info i will give you guys the heads up!

8. Hydroxs macrumors regular

8600M GT > 9400M

I have a OC 8600M Gt and it run COD4 fine. To the op, I have the windows version and I have the same settings as yours but I run it at 1440x900 and have spec. maps off. If I turn it on, I lose about 20 fps depending on the action. It might be that the mac version was poorly ported. Also I have everything on extra and 16x AF and average 40-50 fps online. It does dip into the med 20s when a lot of people throw smoke. I also find that when playing single player, my fps is lower then online play.