Call of Duty 4 - for Windows or OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Bassir, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Bassir macrumors member

Well, I'm faced with this question: which version of Call of Duty 4 should I get? Should I purchase the Windows version and play it via Boot Camp, or the OS X version?

I want to know of any performance differences or anything else like that.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

xp

with that said i think its super lame how you have to buy a license to both games.

isnt a license the right to play the game? who cares what platform. its not like you would be playing both copies at same time...

3. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

that might make sense if both copies had been developed by the same company. But separate sales make sure Aspyr gets paid for the port they did, as annoying as the whole situation is for everyone involved. Bootcamp was sorta a double edged sword in that way... game companies have less of an incentive to make mac native games, despite the increased market share they now hold.

4. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

God, i wish people would learn to use the search button...this has already been discussed, for pages and pages.

5. XianPalin macrumors 6502

I bought it on Steam (PC), cause I love Steam :) So much easier to get games back if you reformat or something.