call of duty 4 help please

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by madness3881, Nov 9, 2008.

1. madness3881 macrumors newbie

i have a mac book pro and am new to gaming i bought cod 4 and a logitec controller and can't seem to get it to work. is there any way to use a controller?

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I don't think you can use a controller w/COD4 for mac. Possibly on the PC side (I'm pretty sure u can), but not in OSX.

3. madness3881 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help that explains why i couldn't get it to recognize the controller haha. how is the game play using the new mac book pro as far as using the track pad and keyboard, also can u tell me if u know of any other games that are 1st person shooter for mac that do support the controller? thanks again for any help.

4. emmett117 macrumors newbie

i REALLY recommend not using the track pad to play call of duty 4. unless you are really really good with the track pad and single click mouse, you will get massecered (i know i cant spell). you should get a two button mouse with a scroll wheel. i use left mouse as attack, right as aim down sight, scroll up as reload and down as switch to secondary. clicking the scroll button is frag.

as you can see, the mouse is a really important part of the game and it's gonna be hard to play without one.
    i dont know other games to play with the controller that you bought.

5. iOrlando macrumors 68000

you need a mouse for COD4...
    just get a PC mouse (left and right click)

6. lensam macrumors newbie

How does COD4 play on the macbook? I wanna try it but wanna make sure b4 I buy it. Anyone try this yet?

7. zorahk macrumors 6502

Probably not very well. Expect about 20 FPS with most settings on low at a low resolution.

And since you are using the 2.0 it will be even worse

8. lensam macrumors newbie

ok thanks Whats a good game to play thats similar for online play? Is BHD Black Hawk Down available for Mac? Thats one I play all the time. Or any suggestions are appreciated. I want something decent in case I get the urge to have to play in a pinch, LOL.

9. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Don't listen to somebody who says PROBABLY. (just realized how old this thread is, anyway....)

COD4 plays fine on the Macbook Pro 13 inch. I don't know how many FPS as that is a test I am yet to conduct but its not laggy unless you play a match with more than 30 people. Just leave up the resolution to 1280 and turn anti aliasing off then you will be fine. And you don't need to buy a new mouse!!! Just change the settings in System Preferences if you have a Mighty Mouse.

Anyone looking for a FREE shooter....? Then get Cube 2: Sauerbraten!!!!