Call Of Duty 4 Help !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Snowmann, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Snowmann macrumors newbie

Snowmann

Ok so here is the problem, so I decided to erase my HD and reinstall Leopard using the install disks that came with my MacBook Pro just so i could give my Mac a good as new feel! :D:D The Process went smoothly and came out fine with no errors and my computer actually works and runs better now! :D:D

The only problem is...... :confused::confused:

When I went back to reinstall Call Of Duty 4 (Mac Edition) and update it I ran into a snag. After installing it I tried to update it using the patch that came from this link:

html"http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/demos_updates/callofduty4modernwarfare.html

The update didnt work i recived this error something like "The installation of Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (located in /Applications/Gaming/1. Call of Duty 4 ) appears to be incomplete. Reinstalling may fix this problem." I did and I recived the same error again!!!! Before the cleaning of the HD I was able to update Call Of Duty 4 with the patch. So whats going on help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Illicit macrumors 6502

"Applications/Gaming/1. Call of Duty 4" ?

Is that even a valid folder?

Have you made sure the patch is for version 1.0.0?
    You might have to upgrade from 1.0.0 -> 1.3.0 -> 1.7.1 (just making these numbers up, but that was the case for several other games I played)