Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Hands on

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Markleshark, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

So yeah, this is the game I am looking forward to most in the next 12 months (Halo, what now?) and ive just been reading the hands on they have on ign.

This is just from the Multi player beta they have coming soon, but... Wow. Full Article.

[​IMG]

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

CoD3 was the first Wii game I played, I didn't get far into it on both Wii or 360 games but I'm really liking the look of CoD4. Could be the first WW2 shooter (barring RtCW :D ) I buy.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The game looks much faster than the other COD games and I'm liking that. The multiplayer don't look as good as the single player though.

I'll have to wait for the review so I can know what system to get it on.

Bless

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

COD2 - sweet game, especially multiplayer
    COD3 - superficial enhancements couldn't mask a weak game
    COD4 - finally looks promising again. Should rock online.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

picking weapons and perks to have in multiplayer is pretty sweet. Should make for a deep game, although the learning curve could be quite the bitch for those who start playing later on, after everyone is already familiar with the few best set ups.

I feel bad for Halo, it keeps getting outshined :p

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Yes Call of Duty 4 is going to be pretty sick, but Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway is going to be much better.

Brothers in Arms is easily the best 1st Person shooter around because you can control your squad and is VERY historically accurate. Check out the UbiDays Presintation on Youtube, it is sick!!!

7. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

But Brothers in Arms is made by UbiCrap... I won't touch it.

COD 4 looks better than Brothers in Arms from the video ive seen. I could honestly care less about historical accuracy as I am more concerned with the game and how it immerses me in to its plot. If i wanted accurate history i would read a book or watch the History channel.

Ed

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think it looks a bit silly to me. The way the screen goes 'red' if your not taking cover properly. Hardly realistic. I've got a feeling this one's going to be a bit of a dissapointment.

9. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I will be signing up for/downloading the CoD4 beta as soon as it's available.

I can't wait for this game. I loved all the other CoD games and expect no less from this one. I could care less whether it's a WWII one either; I know a lot of people were complaining about that...not me though. Infinity Ward makes great shooters; anything with their name on it will get my attention and my money. (Even though CoD3 wasn't an Infinity Ward title, I still enjoyed it as well.)

10. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I'm definitely going to buy this game.

COD2 is one of my favorite 360 games. And COD4 is looking even better, i just hope its not too much like Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six

11. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I think that BIA is made by GearBox and UbiSoft just publishes it. The reason why I enjoy BIA is because you can control your squad which is more realistic than people following you. Plus, in BIA you don't know where anything is, which is basically what it would be like during the Market Garden era during WWII. These games are both great and I love them both, BIA has yet to put me down. Call of Duty 3 sucked and I am hoping that Infinity Ward will make a great game. We will see what happens.

12. Markleshark thread starter macrumors 603

Markleshark

I must admit, I didn't like BIA at all, nor did I want my eyes to be tarnished with Hour of Victory, and CoD is prolly the game I spend most of my time on, I love both 2 and 3 offline and on.

On the screen shots of this new one, I can not wait.

13. Markleshark thread starter macrumors 603

Markleshark

Thought i'd drag this thread up for some new screens.

Again... Wow.

And news of a public beta. Nice. Starting Monday.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I can wait on the beta....the game will be out on November 5th and I got too many games to play so I won't sign up for it(Like I'll ever get in)

This game still is a must own....just gotta figure out with platform now.

Bless