Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer connection problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by prappatherappa, Jan 31, 2011.

1. prappatherappa macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm using an iMac with Call of Duty 4 and for some reason, it won't connect to the master server so I cannot play online. Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

3. ThomasLund macrumors newbie

Same problem here - mac app store version - server list is empty and doesnt show anything when I hit refresh

/T

4. ThomasLund macrumors newbie

Got it working here.

I opened 3 UDP ports in my firewall

and NAT'ed them onto my own machine

That seemed to have the effect of master server responses coming through. Beware that updating the server list can take several minutes (press ctlr+$ - or is it shift-$) to open console window.

Next problem then comes when trying to play a game - you will get kicked after 30 seconds due to the punkbuster client not being able to update itself. The COD4 install folder is set to read-only. So open your console and make it recursive read-write. You can also download the punkbuster updater, which then does its thing locally.

Worked here and I've enjoyed several good matches of Domination last night

5. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

The next challenge then is the inability to download mods. There is no way round that.

6. williajd12 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem, APP store version as well. Only I went through the PB fix a while ago (32 levels ago) and haven't had a problem since. Was playing one minute, went to switch servers, and they're all gone. I checked my firewall and it should be allowing COD (though maybe not the multiplayer part, since they look separate?) No one has touched the router. Tried restart of everything a couple times. Any ideas? I'm really starting to wish I didn't buy this for my Mac.