OS X Call Of Duty 4 & punk buster?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by UBS28, Jan 30, 2014.

1. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

I bought CoD4 with the current discount, however any server that has punk buster will kick me out of the server.

Anyone else have problems playing on servers with punk buster?

2. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Unfortunately:

"As of 1/14/2014, Evenbalance.com (the developers for Punkbuster) have fully dropped support for Call of Duty 4 (PC and Mac). The pbsetup.app will no longer work or update for Call of Duty 4. If you receive punkbuster errors within the game, you will need to turn the punkbuster option off within the game."

Source: http://support.aspyr.com/entries/22015006-PunkBuster-Update-problems-with-COD-4-

On a bright note, it isn't just a Mac thing. Windows users are going to need to shut it off as well I think unless everyone sticks with whatever the last update to it was I guess?

3. UBS28 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess Windows users don't have this issue since these servers with punk buster are still populated? :confused:

4. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I am guessing that is because existing users as of the cutoff date all had the most current version as of that time so it still works for them although it isn't going to be updated anymore now and it cannot be reinstalled from the net anymore.