call of duty 4 question.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mrgreeneyes, Sep 24, 2008.

1. mrgreeneyes macrumors 6502

can the call of duty 4 for mac work with the wireless xbox controller?

thanks, i jsut wanna know i dont want to buy the game and find out it doesnt work. because i already have the game for xbox 360, but it would be fun to have the game for my mac also.

thanks

2. t19880821 macrumors regular

there's no point considering you'll get killed by keyboard and mouse.

3. mrgreeneyes thread starter macrumors 6502

so i guess your just gonna act smart, and not even consider answering my question?

4. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I haven't tried it, but have used the wireless one on the Windows side of my MBP successfully.

But searching I found that someone had written a driver to get it working on OS X. Check it out here. Like I said, I haven't tried it, and am an old keyboard & mouse guy myself so I wouldn't use it for a FPS (for LEGO Star Wars ... that is another story!)

5. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

It should work, but you need to buy the xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver. Can't just point it at your computer!

6. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Sorry - I should have specified that! I'm not a console gamer so I specifically bought the X360 for Windows controller that comes with the reciever.

7. Heliconsoul macrumors member

What I'd like to know is whether the Mac version will allow me to play on the same servers as my PC buddies. Will have to stick to bootcamp if not.

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

The computer version does NOT have auto aim, and if you don't play with keyboard and mouse you will probably die quickly.

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Yes, it will.

10. t19880821 macrumors regular

Right, that's what I'm trying to say. Instead of answering the question, I gave some insight into it. Nothing wrong with that. And I wasn't acting smart. If I wanted to act smart I would have said "What's the point?"

I'm not trying to stop you... just trying to help you out.

11. mrgreeneyes thread starter macrumors 6502

lol i know that. i already do have the reciever.

12. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

How do you set up a LAN game on the Mac ? There's nowhere to configure ports and just adding multiplayer to the firewall doesn't seem to work.

13. mrgreeneyes thread starter macrumors 6502

how do i set up the xbox 360 wireless controller to work with call of duty?

my mac recognizes the controller. but i dont see anything i the controller setup to use a controller instead of the mouse and keyboard.

thanks

14. Chaac macrumors newbie

Same problem!

I have the exact same problem. Bought COD4 for Mac and want to use the Xbox 360 controller which my Mac detects well. For the "smart" people around, I want to do this because I am used to playing it in the Xbox platform and want a similar experience on the Mac.

Anyway, COD4 seems NOT to have the option for a controller... any help?

Thanks

15. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

First, I'd have to agree with the others that have added their warning, that your gonna get massacred by keyboard and mouse users if there is no auto-aim.

You might have to buy a wired XBox 360 Controller and use USB Overdrive or another driver like http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver . There are probably other drivers out there.

16. cjsoccer223 macrumors newbie

I just bought a Mad Catz Xbox 360 wired controller at gamestop for $25 for my mac. After I configured it using the tattiebogle.com thing. It seems to work fine. The usb wired controller works great too if you wanna save a little cash.:D

17. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

With no auto aim, the PAIN TRAIN is comin, woo wooooo!

COD4PC loses its luster with a controller. Been there done that. With a mouse its HEADSHOT TIME! Without, its flail your gun around and get shot in the back time.

Linger longer.