Call of Duty 4 Question

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by scooterlam, Apr 25, 2009.

1. scooterlam macrumors newbie

I know the minimum system requirements call for a Intel Core 2 Duo but will the game run at all on a 1st Generation Macbook Pro (1.87GHz Intel Core Duo with 2GB Ram)? Or will it just not install? I'm afraid to buy and have it not work.

Thanks,

Scott

2. robk64 macrumors newbie

robk64

COD4 on the Mac

I've played COD4 on Vista Home Premium via BootCamp on my 2.4 Core2Duo MBP. Ran great.
    I bought the Mac version a few months later, hoping it would run smoother/faster/etc. Not so much. At identical resolutions, it ran better on the Vista side of the house, with the only downside being the noise generated by the constantly running fans. I don't mind poking fun at my PC-using peers that bought Dell's fully loaded XPS laptops around the same time I bought my MBP and my game experience rating is a 4.8 (and theirs is 4.9, but they paid $1500 more for their laptop than I paid for mine).

If you've set up BootCamp and can run other games on Windows/Vista, you'll probably have success with COD4. The only computers I've seen that were unable to run COD4 have been budget PC laptops with integrated graphics.

If it doesn't work, there's always ebay. Someone will buy it from you.

3. Illicit macrumors 6502

It WILL install. If you're not getting playable FPS, try downloading and installing the yitch3 config. If that still doesn't improve it, you're SOL.

4. motoxpress macrumors 6502

You could run the demo in Bootcamp if you have that setup on your mac. My guess is that it will run fine. I had a 2.16 CD MBP and I ran the COD4 Windows demo and it was fine.

-mx