Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Im actually suprised the new iMacs can run cod4 on windows....i keep hearing mixed things about the video card

Those who want high res with max settings won't be happy in anything but a gaming desktop pc, of which the imac is not marketed as one.

But all current games will play at a decent frame rate at a decent quality, which works for many people.

barefeats.com has iMac video card gaming benchmarks along with other benchmarks.

kflakes15

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2007
Cod4

COD 4 has to be one of the best shooters ever. The only thing i wish it had was a co-op campaign mode

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I played every cod including the ones on the consoles, right now I keep on playing uo on my mac and I used to play cod 4 on my 360 (i know sorry). On cod 4 I beat every level but one on veteran(disc was so scratched up it wouldnt read) So i like that, very good game A+++.

ChrisN

mcg5191

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2009
need help

i have call of duty 4 on my mac but everytime i want to join a group online it says key code in effect try again later. what does this mean. i just want to play online haha

itouch rulz

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
i have call of duty 4 on my mac but everytime i want to join a group online it says key code in effect try again later. what does this mean. i just want to play online haha

Go buy a legit copy of the game.

I'm guessing you downloaded the version you are playing and when you try to play multi player someone else (like one of the 10,000 other people that downloaded it) are using the same key code.

Buy it

nikdevid

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2009
call of duty 4

I bought this game and its excellent port. Hugely improve controls in this game. It is a best version then any other version with high graphics. It is really fantastic game. I think every body should play this game if they like to play game. I really enjoyed it.

Jomskylark

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
I own the GMA950 video card, so I'm not compatible with COD4. What would happen if I tried to play COD4 on my Mac? Would it not run, or just be laggy?

Jomskylark

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
Sorry, but I read somewhere that it is possible... I need to check this. Is it possible to run on the older video card? Is it to the point where it's so bad it's unplayable? Is there some sort of low resolution setting I can use?

Thank you!

MinorBidoh

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2005
uk
Is there a good amount of players in COD 2? On a normal weekday?

oooh yes. COD2 still has a rather large fanbase. The online play is still popular 24/7 although I think its slowly turning into the 'Doom' of the computer world, a la 1995ish...

jamin100

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2008
Just a little tip for people.

IF you can aquire a mac installation of COD4 the keycode from the PC version will work for online play.

I say this because, getting a 2nd hand copy of COD4 for the mac will still cost £30+ on eBay whereas the PC version sells for around £10

psxtreme

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
I just paid $25 + Tax the other day to get Call of Duty 4 online from aspyr/gameagent. Use the coupon codes COD415 ($15 off CoD 4) and ASPYRTHANKS ($15 off any purchase) at checkout.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Just played COD Modern Warfare 2.

COD 4 MW1 has a more coherent story.
COD MW2 is non-stop action, but the story is too fragmented and hard to keep track.

Both fun though. Actually enjoy all of the COD series.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.