OS X Call of Duty Reboot?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Markovich, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Markovich macrumors newbie

Just wondering if there is anyone else who would like a reboot of the original COD and COD United Offensive from Aspyr.

Ive finally migrated over to Mavericks having held on to Snow Leopard for 2 reasons:
    Call of Duty /COD UO
    and the better OS interface...the last of the great cats. So now, I cannot play the original COD and UO.

So, COD 2 pales in comparison and the COD on the App store is limited and multiplayer really doesn't work. . basically abandonware . Think that COD and UO could really use an major update. I'm bored with all the newer CODs as they are just variations of the same theme.

We could use a good WWII COD FPS with a decent storyline!!

2. Irishman macrumors 68030

Did you consider getting the titles from Steam?

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

If anything, COD needs to be buried and forgotten about. The series jumped the shark long ago and has since exceeded stupidity.

4. UniDoubleU macrumors regular

UniDoubleU

They hit Jackpot with COD4 MW. I still remember playing it fondly with mates. Both single player and multiplayer were great. It was a really popular game.

Unfortunately since then not only that it spawned countless FPS rip-offs, Activision turned COD into an annual series and each one after COD4 became expansion packs (that charge full price).

This made me give up hope in most Big Name franchises. I mean, Asassin's Creed 2 was great also. Everyone loved Ezio so we got 3 Ezio games! Another franchise ruled by greed.