Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troublesomekila

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
I dont know if this belongs here or on the Windows Mac section but has anybody tried to run CoD WaW on the Alu MacBook

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
i never tried,
but let me tell you this,
there is NO way a macbook can run CoDWaW... maybe the MBP, but i still have my doubts

build a real gaming computer, or sumtin, but theres no way it can run CoDWaW let alone CoD4 (at a reasonable fps, at the lowest settings)

ChazDaSpaz

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2008
It would probably run as well as CoD4 since they both use the same graphics engine and whatnot.

Davidkoh

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
I run it on my 2.0 alu MB, works like a charm. I use 1024x whatever resolution and turned off sum eye candy, got all settings at normal but shadows off and so on. Runs fine. I havent had the time to play that long yet, havent even played around with the settings enough yet. Might put higher resolution and put low settings, might look better.

Right now it looks good (plugged into my 18" lcd screen), and runs without stuttering (normal on most settings, shadows and water features off).

Ima also install better video drivers

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I run it on my 2.0 alu MB, works like a charm. I use 1024x whatever resolution and turned off sum eye candy, got all settings at normal but shadows off and so on. Runs fine. I havent had the time to play that long yet, havent even played around with the settings enough yet. Might put higher resolution and put low settings, might look better.

Right now it looks good (plugged into my 18" lcd screen), and runs without stuttering (normal on most settings, shadows and water features off).

Ima also install better video drivers

sorry to bring back from the dead, but wanted to say thanks for this info! I used the google search feature =)

(either ppl will get mad for bringing up old threads or not using the search feature) blah so I must put a disclaimer lol

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
got it, installed all smooth runs fine on my MB. have to turn down most options though and just a tad under native resolution for me to be happy at 30-40FPS+. Online ran well though I think even better than Single player.

Nocturnal22

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2009
i never tried,
but let me tell you this,
there is NO way a macbook can run CoDWaW... maybe the MBP, but i still have my doubts

build a real gaming computer, or sumtin, but theres no way it can run CoDWaW let alone CoD4 (at a reasonable fps, at the lowest settings)

Um yea your a lil wrong in that my macbook 2.0 unimacbook runs it well hell it even runs Gears of war and looks pretty good it surprised me.

macgamer182

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
I'm sorry but how DO u run COD: WaW on mac? I'm on an iMac with an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card so it should work, but i was under the impression that apple didnt make world at war for macs.

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm sorry but how DO u run COD: WaW on mac? I'm on an iMac with an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 graphics card so it should work, but i was under the impression that apple didnt make world at war for macs.

Unfortunately, there's only a Windows version of WaW. To run it, you have to use Bootcamp.

macgamer182

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
Unfortunately, there's only a Windows version of WaW. To run it, you have to use Bootcamp.

I see. The only problem I'm having with Bootcamp is that it says I need to insert some Windows Installation disc to continue with the installing, but I dont have one of those. Any tips?

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
I see. The only problem I'm having with Bootcamp is that it says I need to insert some Windows Installation disc to continue with the installing, but I dont have one of those. Any tips?

Boot Camp is an utility that lets you install Windows - so you'll need a copy of Windows in order to do that.

Moles

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009
Olathe
How do you get this copy of Windows?

Go to the store, on go online and purchase either 32 bit windows vista or xp if you prefer...which you should.

I hear there are those who run 64 bit without issue, but Apple doesn't currently support it to my knowledge.

macgamer182

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
Go to the store, on go online and purchase either 32 bit windows vista or xp if you prefer...which you should.

I hear there are those who run 64 bit without issue, but Apple doesn't currently support it to my knowledge.

Could you give me the link to purchase this?

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
How do you get this copy of Windows?

You can download an evaluation copy of Windows 7 Release Candidate for free from Microsoft. All you need is a Windows Live/hotmail account and a blank DVDR. You have to fiddle with installing the bootcamp drivers but it runs as fast as XP on a dual core mac - much faster than Vista.

If you want to buy a copy I'd recommend buying from ebay. XP should cost considerably more than Vista because it's brokerage price amongst the trade has dropped like a stone since the free upgrade for 7 announcement a few weeks ago. I still wouldn't buy Vista regardless!

macgamer182

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
You can download an evaluation copy of Windows 7 Release Candidate for free from Microsoft. All you need is a Windows Live/hotmail account and a blank DVDR. You have to fiddle with installing the bootcamp drivers but it runs as fast as XP on a dual core mac - much faster than Vista.

If you want to buy a copy I'd recommend buying from ebay. XP should cost considerably more than Vista because it's brokerage price amongst the trade has dropped like a stone since the free upgrade for 7 announcement a few weeks ago. I still wouldn't buy Vista regardless!

Ok i have a windows live account and a blank DVD. now where do i go to download this windows 7 release candidate and is the same as buying a copy from ebay? which would you think is easier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.