Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
Alright,

My brother and I have been searching for two days now to solve this problem.

When hosting a new listen server through the in-game setup menu, the server never shows up as a public game. Each time one of us sets up a game the other can see it as a local server but not a public server (I am at his house trying to figure this out). If he hosts a game, I can only find it if I look through the lan games, not through the internet list.

I used to do this all the time. I could host games and have friends join them with no problems at all. It's been a few years, so maybe there is something I'm overlooking.

What's most confusing to me is that the games show up at local. Is there an option that you are supposed to change depending on if you want to host a lan game or and internet game?

We are running v1.5 and I haven't opened cod since 1.4 so maybe that has something to do with it.

Please help!

Thanks

wamdan

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2010
I don't have COD and never ran it, but do you have a firewall on your router? (that is if you have one) may not be an issue since you stated it's only seeing it as a local server, though I'd check in that direction in case the ports haven't been opened.

If you have, and I apologise if you have, then hopefully someone with more knowledge on COD can help. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.