Call Open Boot Camp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bartsphoto, Dec 18, 2008.

1. bartsphoto macrumors member

How can i open boot camp Assistant if it was Delete of my mac my miss take its been gone for a long time is there a way to open it and or add it some how do i have to make a new user and copy it and then all it to the admin account :confused::apple:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you're missing or accidentally deleted the Boot Camp Assistant from Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities, you can reinstall it from your Leopard disc. With either the upgrade or install disc that came with the system inserted, go to the Go menu and select Go To Folder. Type /Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages/ into the path if you have the retail Leopard disc or /Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disc 1/System/Installation/Packages for a disc that came with the computer. Double click BootCamp.pkg and you're good to go.

3. bartsphoto thread starter macrumors member

But this will not reboot my whole mac right

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

No, it'll just place the Boot Camp Assistant application in your Utilities folder so you can partition the drive for Windows XP or Vista. Does not to my recollection require a restart. Make sure you print out the pdf installation guide that it offers to display and follow it carefully. Skipping a step can cause trouble later on.