call quality on 4s: static during phone calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by opaly, Oct 27, 2011.

1. opaly macrumors newbie

I accidently posted this in the iOS 5 forum, but anyway:

I recently returned my Sprint Iphone 4S because my data speed was incredibly slow (other than that, the phone was perfect). I picked up a 4S from Verizon and my data speed is fantastic BUT now there is this weird static noise during my phone calls and it takes around 8 seconds to connect a phone call. This is my first iphone, but I'm pretty sure this is not normal.

My Samsung Vibrant always had static during phone calls and it drove me crazy! Anyway, I took my phone back to the Apple store so that they could check it out, and of course they couldn't reproduce the static or prolonged phone call connection, so all they did was restore my phone.

Anyone else having problems like this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

I can hear the faintest electrical / static hum when in voice calls. I didn't have this with my Android (LG Optimus S) but it could be a result of my Sprint Google voice integration.

3. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

I have AT&T and swapped mine today I still have it but it's not as bad as my first 4s, it's funny how on te forums everyone is completing and apple tells me they never heard this issue.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut