Call reception between iphone4s and an htc evo shift

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Somechineseguy, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Somechineseguy macrumors newbie

So, basically, where i work, i dont get any bars with my sprint evo shift. However, with the iphone 4s(on verizon) i get 3-4 bars consistently, with the phones side by side. My question is. Is the antenna better on the iphone 4s or is this a carrier issue? I'm trying to decide between carriers, thanks!

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

its a carrier issue. i would go with whatever coverage is better in your area. then decide on a phone.

3. Somechineseguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I wasn't sure if the antenna was inferior on my evo shift, but my iphone gets so much more bars everywhere than my shift does. Thanks!

4. pirarre macrumors 6502

I can tell you that where I work, all my previous phones had bad service. However, I've had good service/reception with the Epic Touch as well as with the iPhone 4S.

IMO the iphone's reception is better. It's clear and connects within seconds.And I haven't had not one dropped call.

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

4S reception is vastly improved over old iPhones. It's made AT&T feel like Verizon as far as stability, but with 7x faster data.

6. WannaGoMac macrumors 68000

People I spoken with who previous had awful AT&T service, are now telling me they're getting much improved reliability with the 4s on AT&T

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1258982