Call Reminder on iPhone or Att?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CarlsonCustoms, Jul 7, 2008.

1. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

Hey guys,
    I just switched from verizon. With verizon if I missed a call or text the phone would make a beep about every minute or so until I checked the phone.

Now using my free att nokia phone I no longer have this. I have missed so many calls and texts becuase of this. I just can't hear the phone everytime.

Will the iPhone beep or have some other type of alert if I miss a call/text? Or is this something that I have to activate with the ATT service itself?

Thanks
    Zack

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

the iphone does not do this now, but i wish it did. and i dont think that the SDK could allow for someone to add this functionality. sorry, bummer

3. icecold0913 macrumors member

it depends on the phone, not the carrier.
    and waterskier's right, the iPhone doesn't have this function (yet).

4. iFerd macrumors 6502a

Maybe I misunderstand, but there is a visual reminder of missed text messages or calls when I turn my iPhone back on. A box shows on the main screen, over the wallpaper. It isn't repeated sounds, but you can't miss it when you look.

5. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I really really hope they have something like this in the app store on the 11th it will be the first app I buy. Not having a audible reminder for missed text messages emails and calls is just rediculious on a 600.00 phone

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I believe this is possible via the App store.

You could just jailbreak your iPhone in the mean time. There is a program that makes your phone vibrate every 15 seconds when you have an unread text.

7. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

its not possible via the app store as of right now because the SDK does not allow developers to run background processes so basically the apps have to be self contained. and therefore background reminders would not be possible

8. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

well I had this phone jailbroken till about 1 week ago but since I'll be selling it on the 12th I switched it back to normal....but the last thing I want to do is jailbreak the new phone I'd rather just buy a app and leave it normal so we will see........I really hope so

9. kedarg macrumors newbie

Text reminder needed for iphone 3g badly

I am a doctor, and I recieve pages via text to my iphone 3G. I agree that a text message can easily be missed, especially with the brief sounds available on the new iphone 3g. Is there anyone who knows of a solution to this? Finding my text page an hour after it was sent just isnt good enough for me.

10. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador