Call screening for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UncleheFTy, Oct 24, 2014.

1. UncleheFTy macrumors member

UncleheFTy

I just purchased 'Phone Guardian' from BT on a home phone system that allows me to screen the calls we get (up to 6 a day from spam callers). It works very simply but I'd like to know if there is a similar system for iPhone users. The way it works is that it will allow through people you class as VIPs (family, friends and nominated numbers) but any other call is 'announced' and you have to accept or reject the call. Its a good system and if Apple had something similar it would be very welcome.

2. jayf macrumors member

Call display works pretty well.

3. 617aircav Suspended

BT is a telecom provider and Apple is not. The phone itself can't do this, it's done on the network.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Is this what you might be looking for?

http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-to/block-any-unwanted-callers-phone-number-your-iphone-ios-7-even-if-theyre-not-your-contacts-0147388/

5. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

x2 CAll Display

I have set up my own call screening. Basically assign everyone a ringtone. The main ringtone is for all other calls. So when my phone rings that annoying ring, I know not to answer it. No adding of an app or asking Apple to screen calls. The ringtones will do that for me. :)

Family - ringtone 1
    Friends - Ringtone 2
    Business - ringtone 3
    Parents - ringtone 4
    iphone - ringtone 5. when I hear this, its a new caller or someone I haven't assigned a ringtone.