Call Swapping. Is this a Verizon iPhone problem, or a Verizon in general problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kblakeshot, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Kblakeshot macrumors member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80-GcsxiJ94&feature=player_embedded

I have been hearing about this and wondered if anyone knows more details. I have not yet got my Verizon iPhone and am still with the Droid Incredible. I know on my Incredible it is hit and miss with me swapping between calls, BUT at times I can do it.

So is the Verizon iPhone ever going to be able to swap back and forth between calls? This is kind of a huge deal, Verizon or Apple needs to address this.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. myMacRumors macrumors regular

Some other known CDMA technology issues:

1. When you exchange long text messages with non-Verizon phones, they get split up into 160-character chunks. GSM phones (AT&T iPhones) are smart enough to reconstitute those chunks into one more readable, consolidated message.

2. When you’re on a call, you can’t simultaneously check a Web site or send e-mail over the cellular network.

3. If the top of your screen says “3G,” an indication that you’re in a high-speed Internet area of Verizon’s network, incoming calls take priority and interrupt your online connection. If you’re online in an older, 2G area, you stay online and the call goes directly to voice mail.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

That's a GSM 2G issue as well, and will happen in far more locations in the USA on ATT, than it will on Verizon's extensive 3G coverage.