Call Times - Billing ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pianoman1976, Oct 30, 2008.

1. pianoman1976 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was hoping to get some clarification on something a friend brought to my attention.

It is his belief that call times on the iPhone used to begin at the point when the call was connected, rather than when you first initiate the call. I thought the call timer on all cell phones began the moment you initiate the call. He believes a recent change has taken place and that calls are being timed and possibly billed differently. I think he's wrong.

In the cell phone biz, doesn't the phone's internal call timer start when you hit "send"? Hasn't this always been the way it was? Additionally, isn't it true that the phone's internal call timer does not correspond to the time you are actually billed (which time starts when the call connects)?

Please advise.

Thanks!

2. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

The timer on the Iphone, (and not just this phone, I've seen many) starts when the call is connected

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

4. pianoman1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not the case over here. This phone's timer starts when you initiate the call.

It looks like I was wrong then, and there is a problem.

Thanks for the info.

5. pianoman1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not my phone in question, rather it's a friends.

Either way, it's more a matter of principle Bryan. It brings up many questions as to why/how this is happening.

If AT&T is doing this to the masses, the dollar amount could be quite substantial and would justify a class action suit.