Call Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by designaholic, Nov 10, 2007.

1. designaholic macrumors regular

designaholic

One thing I find absolutely ridiculous is the iPhone clocks up call usage, but you can't distinguish between outgoing and incoming calls.

Also, there is no SMS usage tracking.

How the hell am I suppose to easily keep track of my free minutes and texts?

I guess this is just another way of making it easier to overspend on your contract…that pisses me off big time :mad:

2. spinstorm macrumors 65816

Use O2 online bill management it tells you your minutes used and txts!

I am not saying its a great solution but its all you have!

3. designaholic thread starter macrumors regular

designaholic

I am aware of that. Your right it isn't a great solution. It would be very easy for Apple to implement correct logging on the iPhone.

I am disappointed.

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Bookmark the usage page on Safari on your iPhone, then just check it when you want to know. :)

5. Project macrumors 68020

I guess its because in the States, incoming calls deduct from your monthly allowance. Apple should fix this to reflect how its different here.

6. designaholic thread starter macrumors regular

designaholic

(regarding O2 billing)

sparkyms: I get some strange results when I check my billing on the O2 website …

It says I have 6:40 minutes left and 7 texts! I haven't even called out yet and have only sent 2 texts :confused:

Also the usage logging on the O2 website is crap and doesn't reflect your current remaining totals:

Okay, Apple should sort this out as the UK system is different, but I'm finding O2 really useless right now. I have been on orange for years and they seem so much better overall, i.e, billing, signal strength.

I'm starting to consider cancelling my account.