Call volume is finally loud enough!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Electrics, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Electrics macrumors member

For years of using iPhones, I have always had to put the call volume level all the way up for normal calls, which meant when I was talking to someone in a loud environment I couldn't raise the volume when I needed to.

Last night I noticed that my iPhone 6S is loud as hell, and I actually had to lower the volume because the person speaking to me was too loud! This means that I have plenty of "play" to raise the volume.

Thanks Apple!

2. Orlaam macrumors member

I hope that's true for all of us. I've always hated that. My call volume is always maxed out and sometimes I have to ask them to repeat things. My GF is a low-talker and I'm always asking her to repeat to the point that she calls me deaf. I've often resorted to the ear buds since they are much louder.

3. marchrose2011 macrumors regular

I noticed this too. I thought my phone was on speaker at first honestly. I have it turned down to about 50% and it is still a bit loud. I would rather have it loud and I could turn it down though rather than it be full blast and I could barely hear it though.

4. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

The very first call I got was from a loud talker and the volume was already 100% due to the backup from my old phone. His loud voice about deafened me! Very very good. Finally.

5. Electrics thread starter macrumors member

Yes! I forgot to mention that I thought it was on speakerphone when I first used it, same as you.

6. stevefo macrumors regular

stevefo

Agreed! This is the loudest earpiece volume of any previous iPhone.