Call volume seem low?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Savage, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

I feel like my iPhone 4's call volume (when holding it to my ear) seems very low. Maximum volume feels like close to the same as minimum volume on my old phone (not an iPhone). Anything lower than maximum volume is not a comfortable volume and I've always been one to keep it pretty low anyway (not this low).

Speaker/iPod volume isn't so bad. But if people are saying that their speaker/iPod/ringer volumes are so loud they need to keep it somewhere in the middle, then I can't say mine is anywhere near that loud either.

Anyone else?

2. Phenomkickz macrumors member

Make sure you take off the invisible thing that came with the phone, i had the same problem

3. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

What invisible thing? The clear film on the front and back of the phone?

4. Surely Guest

Surely

yes

5. Wailord macrumors 6502

Nope, my call volume is fantastic. Not just ok, but extremely good, better than any other handset I've used (including a 3G).

6. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

Unfortunately for me I did take it off right away. I was excited for a second. :(

7. Savage thread starter macrumors 6502

Savage

See this makes me almost positive there is something wrong here. I suppose I'll bring it to Apple and see what they say.

8. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Make sure the earpiece is up to your ear canal directly. Try doing it in the mirror. Sorry if this answer seems patronizing, but when I first got my 3GS, the volume seemed very low, but it turned out that I was used to holding phones lower. It still happens to this day and I wonder what's wrong with my phone :p