Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
is anyone else having problems with getting call waiting to work? I just today realized it was off but when I go to turn it on I get an error message that says "could not save call waiting setting".
I know I have call waiting on my account so I don't know why it wouldn't work. Anyone have any ideas before I call AT&T or Apple?
Thanks

djdsas

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2008
I can't activate call waiting either

Since I bought my 3G iphone on release day I have not been
able to activate call waiting either....from 2.01 to 2.02 and now
running 2.1....

Everytime I turn on call waiting it just goes back to the off setting!

I have reset and restored the phone several times with no solution.

Any advice?

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I'm going to call AT&T today. Maybe it's just a case of having the call waiting I my account reset. Why that would have an effect on why I can't turn it on in the settings I don't know but it's worth shot. Ill post back after that.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with AT&T. Went through the iPhone support first and after a few different tests, it still wouldnt work. The AT&T rep said that the call waiting was active on my account but was not set up properly within the network. As soon as he fixed it, the setting turned itself to ON, so it appears to be working now. If anyone else is having the same problem, call your provider and just have them check the setting on their end for the call waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.