Call with Apple Sales Rep

Discussion in 'iMac' started by travistaylor, Aug 5, 2012.

1. travistaylor macrumors regular

I know they hear nothing, have little to no insight, and all information should be taken with a grain of salt......however, this is rumor forum and I felt compelled to post.

I was on the phone with a 1-800-MYAPPLE sales representative asking if I could use my Barclay card I opened like two days ago to finance a new iMac if I had the account open for more than 30 days (I opened it thinking I was going to buy an iMac now with a tax free weekend going on....decided not to). The answer to that was yes, by the way, if my card has a 0 balance at the time of purchase.

He obviously tried to sell me an iMac, but we had a laid back discussion about why I wanted to wait- and he understood. He did, however (with a caveat of not being told "much"), say that he didn't expect new iMacs this year and passively mentioned November as a possible release month.

Again, take it with a grain of salt- but I did find it interesting. For what it's worth, he said that after we agreed it was best for me to wait for the next iMac (told him I wanted to game and needed a better GPU).

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Come again?

3. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

4. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

So . . . No to this year, but Yes to November . . .

November of 2013 it is!

By then it'll be called the iDontCareAnymore.

5. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I´ll take that with a huge grain of salt. There are multiple rumors of supplychains gearing up for imac september/oct release as well as other sales rep saying hold on for a few weeks. In addition I doubt apple would skip an entire year, that just seems dumb. I doubt they just wants to throw money out of the window because of they dont care....seems unlikely.

6. washburn macrumors 6502

seriously if we all rang our local Apple stores and had the discussion regarding iMac and wrote back here about it, we'd all get different release dates.

7. Ktulu macrumors regular

Ktulu

I caught that too, so either nothing this year or not till November... Well, which one is it? This guy sounds like he knows even less than everyone else on these forums... I don't believe anything this rep said.