Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

CallBar causes chirps during calls

RazzChampp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
To the users of CallBar -

While using CallBar during a call, does anyone else hear an intermittent high-pitched beep/chirp through the iPhone earpiece? It does not occur if using headphones/earbuds.

siorai

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
I had that without having CallBar installed. Went to Apple, got the phone replaced, no more intermittent noises since *knocks on wood* and I now have CallBar installed.

Comment

kidnz

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
I had this yesterday, but when I did a restart, the issue is gone. Dont know wat's wrong though. I had callbar installed too.

Comment

RazzChampp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Interesting... A restart doesn't do it for me. Also - for those of you with callbar or not - do you get an electronic static during calls? Again, it is emitted through the earpiece of the phone. Likewise, noise is not present via earbuds.

Edit: The chirp goes away after uninstalling callbar. However, the static remains (and existed even before the jailbreak) with or without callbar being installed.

Background info for static noise (seems to be known/prevalent) : https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1264721/

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.