CallBar causes chirps during calls

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RazzChampp, Jan 29, 2012.

1. RazzChampp macrumors newbie

To the users of CallBar -

While using CallBar during a call, does anyone else hear an intermittent high-pitched beep/chirp through the iPhone earpiece? It does not occur if using headphones/earbuds.

2. siorai macrumors 6502

I had that without having CallBar installed. Went to Apple, got the phone replaced, no more intermittent noises since *knocks on wood* and I now have CallBar installed.

3. kidnz macrumors newbie

I had this yesterday, but when I did a restart, the issue is gone. Dont know wat's wrong though. I had callbar installed too.

4. RazzChampp thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting... A restart doesn't do it for me. Also - for those of you with callbar or not - do you get an electronic static during calls? Again, it is emitted through the earpiece of the phone. Likewise, noise is not present via earbuds.

Edit: The chirp goes away after uninstalling callbar. However, the static remains (and existed even before the jailbreak) with or without callbar being installed.

Background info for static noise (seems to be known/prevalent) : http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1264721