Called Apple about buying a Bumper; instead got In-Ear Headphones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmitch150, Jun 27, 2010.

1. jmitch150 macrumors regular

jmitch150

So here is my original post from yesterday. Today I got e-mail confirmation from Apple.

So yeah for those who didn't believe me here is proof.

Attached Files:

2. jap1198 macrumors 6502

That's awesome.
    Apparently we don't have to bitch and whine to get free stuff :D

3. touchmonkey macrumors 6502

Just threatening to whine usually works for me.

4. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

This **** is infuriating. What is going on over there at apple. Some people call and get nothing while others call and get expensive free things for their trouble? does anyone else think this is nuts?

5. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

What I think is nuts is the people who feel they deserve this free stuff from apple. Pathetic

6. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Yes, I agree. Seems all over the board at the moment. I'm not having trouble with my phone so I would never call Apple and make up problems in the hope of getting free stuff (and I'm definitely not saying the original poster or anyone else here is doing that) but, free stuff is free stuff!

If they are giving away product...heck, I'd like some!

7. oo5yolo10 macrumors member

oo5yolo10

But when we pay for them we should expect to get a working product...

8. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Well they shouldn't sell a faulty product then. :confused: If it's faulty and a bumper fixes it then it should be free.

9. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I spent $600 on a product. They have billions in reserves. It's not only the right thing to do when they sell a bad product, but it's great for business.

10. jmitch150 thread starter macrumors regular

jmitch150

I didn't call looking for any free stuff. I was calling just to vent my frustration and see if they could compensate me a little bit for having to purchase the case when I wanted to just use my phone without a bumper.

People like you need to chill and realize that this is a message board where we should all be friendly and not attack each other.

11. ducktales macrumors regular

i lol'ed. how nice of you to contradict urself.

12. jmitch150 thread starter macrumors regular

jmitch150

I didn't want anything free. I had already purchased a product I didn't need. Ecspecially after I have spent easily 3 grand on apple products in the past 2 months. Because I had to purchase the bumper I was hoping for maybe 10 dollars in iTunes credit or a refund in the bumper.

13. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

OP ,That's great that apple really does go out of it's way for customer satisfaction on an issue like this. :cool:

14. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

I called nicely, the lady I spoke too was quite confused, and really didn't know what to say. She just said to hold it differently. She also recommended that I purchase a case. Playing nice doesn't always work.... I might call back later...

15. Stankonia macrumors regular

Don't know if you can call it "free" stuff when people are having to buy $30 bumpers to attempt to correct a design/manufacturing/programming flaw (since we don't know which one it is yet :p )

I don't plan on asking for anything for free, but I commend Apple for doing what they can to keep their customers happy.

16. jmitch150 thread starter macrumors regular

jmitch150

Yeah absolutely that's why I made this topic because there is just so much negativity around these boards.

17. bfh123 macrumors regular

I dont get this ME TOO mentality. Cant we just be happy for the guy?

18. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

That's odd, Alex Miller must be some canned email bot - my email came from the same person. I have also seen others post their emails and they also came from an Alex (they blanked out the last name)

I called Apple before I even heard they were offering bumpers. I was just voicing my displeasure with the reception issues and the supervisor offered a bumper to help alleviate the issue. I did not call with any expectations other than an ETA on something official from Apple.

19. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Glad it worked out. I don't think its unreasonable to be compensated if you have a faulty product.

I'd all as well but my phone is working fine.

20. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Did you mention to her what had happened to the OP? It might help to fax her a copy of his proof. ;)