Called AT&T to inquire

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSaint, Jun 12, 2007.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I innocently called Cingular's(AT&T) customer service to see if my line was available for an upgrade. I knew it was, but wanted to lead into questions about the iPhone. I've been with them for several years and have three lines total on the family plan.

I selected the 'Sales' option. No wait time, she was very nice, and when I asked about the iPhone said she "really didn't know anything" except that it would be really expensive and won't be out until the 29th. I asked if she knew anything about the plans, and she did not. She also said it was going to be a "very popular phone."

I wonder how many of those calls she gets a day?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Probably enough that they already have a prefab conversation posted on their computer to get you to hang up so they can do something useful.... :)

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Actually, I asked that question when I called them. The guy told me that since he was on his shift, at least 60% of the calls were about the iPhone. However, keep in mind he was only 2 hours into the shift.

He did say the calls are rather common and have the reps nervous because its going to mean some busy arse days when its released.

4. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

LOL. Great sales tactic.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

What do you expect for $6 an hour ? :D

6. cjandnw macrumors 6502

nothing better to teport

Just returned from my local cingy / att store. The reps there only knew it will be released on the 29th. Nothing about additional plans. He seemed to indicate the whole renewal / upgrade process should only take 10 minutes if you already have a plan and are eligible for an upgrade.
    As for the 6PM time, no idea, they are aware of the same info we are, but no solid communications from their bosses.