Called ATT To Sign Up With An Account....Question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Neverbepeace, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I was approved for 5 lines no deposit. I was going to order but they said it would take 7-14 days to arrive. I will go down to my local store and pick it up.

Question......are they going to re-run my credit again? I don't like the fact it has to be ran twice. Am I at risk for a deposit if they rerun my credit?

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

No if there's issue tell store to call customer service as you should be in the system.

3. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

I actaully called my local att and they said they would need to re-run it......that is BS. Makes me want to stick with tmo:confused:

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Talk to a manager you should be in the system.

5. Neverbepeace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Has anybody else experienced this? Get approved over the phone and pick up in store? Or do they truly re-run your credit again?

6. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

What's the big deal with re-running the credit check? When I've shopped for cars, I'll go from dealer to dealer to play one against the other and get the lowest possible price. All of them run my credit. So what?

Now, if your credit is borderline and you're concerned you'll get turned down on a subsequent check, that I can understand. But if it passed the first time, why would it not pass the second time?

Sorry, just confused as to what is the big deal with a credit check.

Mark

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

just a warning...you will get screwed by ATT on a routine basis. no matter what you do or say, you will get screwed.

ATT customer service and the fact that store workers are paid on commission explains alot of the BS that exists.

You call ATT on the phone, they say one thing. You go in a store, they say something different.

In the future, buy all iphones straight from Apple. It's the best way to avoid ATT.

8. Rated macrumors member

For someone who's in the buisness, running your credit twice is common.

Many people will have it run, "think about the purchase" and stop back in a few days later.

Like the above poster said, when you go car shopping, it's the same thing.

If you were approved for FIVE lines, NO deposit, you should have no problem when they run it in the store.

Sometimes, they may have your SSN saved, and they can just retrieve the application.

Hope this helps.