Caller ID Pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pallen310, Oct 16, 2012.

1. pallen310 macrumors newbie

Ok, so I am syncing my contacts with Google via Microsoft Exchange (IMAP). The problem is I only get thumbnails to show for the caller ID pics. I have manually set pictures from the camera roll to contacts and it will work for all of two minutes until it syncs with google and then its back to thumbnail only view. My question is:

Does anyone know how to get full sized caller ID pictures while syncing with Google?

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

It's not possible when syncing through Google. It's the way Google handles the contact images...

I eventually switched over my contacts to sync through iCloud, which lets you go full screen.

3. db67fm macrumors regular

db67fm

I had the same problem and found that transferring all contacts to iCloud was my only solution. Google contacts just puts the small thumbnail picture next to the name.

4. pallen310 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both for your responses. I exported my contacts to iCloud to gain this feature. Now I just need to find a one way sync tool so that my gmail stays up to date.

5. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

If you find something like that update us here.. I have wanted a backup incase something goes wrong with iCloud.

Thanks!

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Is it just me or what? Since iOS6 my iCloud contacts pictures are small thumbnail and not full screen. Only when I add the pictures for each contact on the iPhone does it show full screen. And if I do any editing on my MAC or icloud.com to that picture, it reverts back to a thumbnail.

7. jahobie macrumors newbie

jahobie

I am having a similar issue. Both me and my wife have new iPhone 5's and sync our contacts through the same iCloud account. Her contacts show up full screen. Mine are thumbnails. Not sure how this works.

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Very strange for sure. But what you can do on your IP5 is edit each contact on the phone and save them. That will give you full screen pictures. Hope Apple answers my feedback on this issue.