Caller ID picture when receiving calls..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OatmealRocks, May 3, 2011.

1. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Could someone tell me how I can change the way the display name is shown when someone calls me. I have seen pictures and usually the name is shown on the top of the screen and the full picture as the wallpaper. However on my phone the name is displayed in a text box that pops up in the middle which covers the picture. Having the text box in the middle is different from what I have seen on other iphones. Is there a way to set this or is something wrong?

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

its been awhile since i had my iphone but i believe if you take the pic on the iphone and assign it to your contact it will take up the whole screen but if you use a pic and assign it to a contact on your computer then sync it over it makes it a small contact pic.

3. OatmealRocks thread starter macrumors 6502a

The problem is not the size of the pic. I have large pic assigned to contact. The issue is a window pops up when someone calls which is right in the middle with the name of the person calling. I have seen other people's phone and it is on the top of the screen not a pop up window (in the middle of screen) which covers the picture.

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

never seen the name appear in the middle, mine shows on top. install the newest software or re-install iOS to see if that helps.