Caller ID pictures gone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patseguin, Mar 10, 2014.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Has anyone else's noticed that your contact's photo no longer shows up on incoming calls?

2. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Apparently Apple removed the full screen photo and replaced it with small circle photo.

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Mine still appears. Is this affected by the new update perhaps? I have yet to update.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yeah it's the update. Why apple why??????! You made such a big deal about the full screen phone calls and stuff at WWDC and now it is a stupid little circle in the top right corner and more circle buttons for accept and decline. And then in the phone app the key pad as a this tiny little circle that let's you call. :mad: You leave all that space open and give us a stupid circle. No face time is just as bad an I'm not happy about the power off either. Apple needs to get rid of all these stupid circles they have just place in iOS and start take advice from their users and asking their users.

6. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

How come you hate it so bad? After all you're just going to do a quick glance to see who it is, and put the phone up to your head and knowing who it is you're not going to be looking at the phone anymore anyway, so what difference does it make? I think the little circle with the photo and it makes the phone backsplash look very clean. I like it!

T

7. 869639 macrumors 6502

I haven't updated yet but it always is helpful seeing the full picture of who is calling as I don't have enough time to glance at the small circle to see whose calling or reading the name [as ridiculous as it sounds...it is way easier just seeing persons picture and answering]

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I can't picture what you're describing. Can you post a screenshot of what has changed when an incoming calls dials in? I like it when I can see whose calling me.

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well I rarely get phone calls. But when I do I want to be happy with my experience. But my biggest problem is that we are taking steps backwards. We should only move forward.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I can't get anyone to call me right now but when I can I'll pos a picture

11. highertechnology macrumors 6502

12. shawndc1 macrumors regular

i loved it before, now its just plain looking and dry

13. Shaqq macrumors regular

Shaqq

I liked the full screen incoming calls a lot better. I think it was stupid for apple to remove that. It should of been a option in settings to choose which one you want to use instead of removing it.

14. canesalato macrumors 6502a

canesalato

i like iOS 7.1...but i HATE this change. what were they thinking?

15. Robster3 macrumors 68000

16. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Ok Thanks, The poster below you posted a link. It's not a good change.

----------

This update is definitely not working for me. It's a thumbnail photo; barely recognizable, if not, for the caller i.d. itself.

17. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

I am not getting my caller ID photos at all, nothing. Is it something I have to set again? The white below is just the Apple logo from my wallpaper and i blocked out the last name for privacy.

[​IMG]