Caller ID Pictures, MMS.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleMatt, Apr 7, 2008.

1. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

So after months of trouble with my new (new, new one that replaced a faulty old one) SonyErcisson I'm saving for an iPhone. I could buy it now but I don't actually need it, I want it. This is convenient as the time to save will hopefully fall in line with the release of a new one.

Anyway. I'm quite the fan of Caller ID pictures, and have a folder full of them for my SE. I understand there are two types on the iPhone - full screen and small Address Book boxes. Can someone give me the (pixel) dimensions of both? Does full screen take over everything, including the status bar? Also, do the Address Book box ones change in size, for example different sizes for texting and calling.

Finally, is there any update on picture messages in the UK? last I checked it was a no-go. Is this still the case, are they enabling it, or are there workarounds?

Thanks in advance for any help.

AppleMatt

2. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

If i use caller ID then the picture takes up most of the screen. Not full screen though, you can still see the menu/title bar up top.

Also if you jailbreak your phone then you can install swirlymms which will let you send and recieve mms on the phone.

3. AppleMatt thread starter macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Awesome, thank-you.

Does anyone know pixel sizes?

AppleMatt

4. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

There are two types of pictures on the iPhone. If you import pictures from your computer then the iPhone will convert them to the proper dimission and pixel size to fill the screen when a call comes in. Pixel size is mute.

If you take a picture with the iPhone and designate it as a contact picture then it will be a thumbnail when a call comes in and only display in the corner.

You do not have to worry about pixel size as it is auto converted when you sync through iTunes.

There is no native MMS available.

5. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

I thought it was the other way around?

6. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Let me rephrase what I stated earlier. If you transfer a photo from your picture folder on your computer or take one with the iPhone camera, it will be full size.

If you attach a picture to a contact in your computer address book and then sync it to your iPhone it will be a thumb nail.

Thanks for making me clarify Joe.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

That's better.

And it's moot, not mute, BTW. :)

8. AppleMatt thread starter macrumors 68000

AppleMatt