Caller Id...settings?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Shockwave78, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

One thing I absolutely hate about iOS 7 is that the caller ID will display "unknown name" or something along those lines instead of the actual number calling. Is there anyway to disable this?

Thanks

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm pretty sure unknown caller comes up when the person calling does something on their end. It's not a setting that you can change on the receiving phone.

3. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

No, there are many numbers that I receive calls from that the number will show on iOS 6 or any other phone, once you install iOS 7 it reverts to unknown caller or wireless caller. I have reinstalled iOS 6 a few times for various reasons and the numbers do show as they have for years

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Well there's no setting for it either way, so if it's something you can't live with, hopefully it changes by the final release. Otherwise, dunno what else to tell you :confused:

5. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the person calling rather than the phone receiving the call.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've seen no changes in my CallerID since using iOS 7.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Same here--works the same as it did/does in iOS 6 (and earlier versions).

8. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

The only time I don't see a number is when they have caller ID block on from their end. Otherwise I get the call.

9. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

weird, i have not seen one call come through with the actual number displayed(if there not in my contacts) in since installing the beta in June.

10. greenshifted macrumors newbie

I might know what is wrong. With your carrier, you might have a monthly service to "Show Name When Available for Caller ID".

I think if you disable that with your carrier, you should start seeing the numbers again.

11. mufadal84 macrumors member

Has there been a solution to this? All incoming calls that used to show numbers (I know this because I call my cell from my work landline) and the numbers show up as "unknown"

Really frustrating since my work uses any number from a pool of numbers and there are literally over 50 numbers so I dont to store each one of them for it to show up otherwise it just shows up as unknown.