Calling all Canadians.....

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Clipse79, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Clipse79 macrumors regular

I`m really looking into ATV. I`m really new new to it and have a few questions. I`m mainly getting it for the HD rentals since Blu Ray rentals seem to be slow or not released as much as SD just yet. How is the selection? Also i`m trying to read at what Boxee is etc and i`m lost. Can someone explain? Also I think I read that you might be able to get access to hulu through ATV of course with some sort of hack? As you can tell i`m really new and need some newbie direction.....

TYIA

2. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I'll try. I don't think Boxee supports Hulu anymore (or Hulu doesn't support Boxee, whichever works) but on top of that, being a Canadian, like myself, the Hulu content was restricted anyways (same as the .com).
    What I did like about Boxee was that it could read my NAS hard-drive without iTunes being turned on. It can look for folders/hard drives/etc on your network and play the content directly from them without having to use iTunes. There are a bunch of other features to it, but that was the main advantage for me. I have everything in my iTunes library so that it all stays organized but after it's been added and labelled, I find that I use Boxee more because I don't have to worry about having my laptop turned on and connected to iTunes.

I haven't rented anything from the store, but I quickly browsed it and it does look like there's a lot of HD content... I don't know how that compares to the US store but it seems like there are a ton of movies...I'm probably not that helpful.