CALLING ALL CHICAGOANS what chicago streets safe at night?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nickster9224, Jun 25, 2007.

1. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

im going to lollapalooza by myself, but im taking the metra up there, first off is it safe to walk around there at night what streets should i stay off of,secondly which would be better to come into both trains in NL run to union or lasalle st stations. all tips etc wold be greatly appreaciated. thanks. BTW im 15

2. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

Out of interest, where in IL do you live?
    Anyway, you'll almost always be safe in the loop and on N Michigan Ave. State Street isn't bad either. Bucktown is a hip, edgy neighborhood, but isn't great for a 15 year old at night. Most of Lincoln Park and the Lakefront is also safe. Basically, if you stay in crowded places, you'll be fine. If you happen to end up in a neighborhood with one of these:[​IMG]
    on the steetpoles, your best move is to either put on a bullet proof vest or just run like nobody's business. While most of these kind of 'hoods tend to be far from the Grant Park, some are actually just a few blocks west of the Mag Mile.

I can't really help with the trains...

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Haha! I'll remember that next time i'm in Chicago. (Which hasn't happened yet..)

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

5. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I would go into Union station, It's safer, and there will probably be more people going to Lollapalooza from there and you can follow them ;)
    You staying there for a night or what?
    And most of the places you'll likely wind up are pretty safe for a 15 guy (I'm assuming you're a guy).

LOL @ mcarnes

6. nickster9224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

im coming in from new lenox, which is the stop before joliet, im gonna come home on a later train after pearl jam is over so 11ish. thanks to eveyone. ya im a guy too.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Haha! So many misconceptions about the city. There's hardly a place from the Loop to the north side that isn't safe. You'll be fine. This city is about as safe as cities get. I've been here 15 years, take it from me. You won't be anywhere near bad parts of the south side and even those are cleaning up.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You'll be perfectly safe if you buy Lee a ticket and take him with you...

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sure! I'll take bodyguard duty! :) They've got a great lineup too this year.

10. nickster9224 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

ha i wish i had enough to buy another ticket. but now that i know its not bad ill be ok. but ya their lineup this year is amazing, im gonna see 8 shows sunday..