Calling all MiTube users!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Lotso, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Some of you may recall an app that was released on the app store call MiTube. It let you download YouTube videos. However it was quickly taken down. I was one of the lucky people that got a copy before then.

I have been loving it ever since. However today when I went to go use it, whenever I search it says, "can not connect to YouTube". Is anybody else having this problem? I hope that YouTube didn't block it somehow. If someone has this app please let me know.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

YouTube didn't block it, they just redid their site a bit. MxTube was updated to fix the problem. But MiTube won't ever work again.

3. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

It's been that way, for me, for a few days (at least). I was thinking of asking other people about it.. but I kept forgetting to. Guess this means that it's dead.. :(

4. Savor Suspended

Savor

I had the same problem the other day.

Once YouTube updates their site even a little, MiTube (aka MxTube) won't work.

Looks like I'll have to jailbreak to get it back. Luckily, I have pretty much all the videos I ever really wanted and can always stream if I don't want to JB. I have 49 videos still in my MiTube just for that "extra" entertainment. Videos tend to have the LEAST replay value and is always one of the first to go when it comes to deleting. Certain apps, all my music, and personal videos and photos have higher priority for me to keep than YouTube vids.

At least my VLC app still works!

5. minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

mine just died, too.

I'm really disappointed by this.....

6. a19 macrumors newbie

I've been having this problem for the past week or so, and it's really sucky. :/ I don't want to JB just to get the ability to dl videos back! Plus, with mitube, we even had the option of choosing the video stream size (wifi/edge).
    Yeah, sure it works the same with mxtube...but JBing and getting Cydia.. :/

7. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

I was lucky enough to get it to, it's a shame it doesn't work anymore. But I definitely won't be jailbreaking though.

8. a19 macrumors newbie

Any other non-JB app that would do something like MiTube?

9. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Yeah mine no longer works either. It's a shame. Worked well for so long.

10. qnc macrumors member

Thanks, Was wondering about this. Since I had some vids saved for the kiddos I was not worried about it until I tried to download a new one today.

11. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

Another reason to have my jb mxtube working perfect.

13. andrewr2123 macrumors member

Mine stopped working too...

You could always download YouTube videos from the computer and then put them on your phone... And they'd be on iTunes for when you get a new iPhone! But that takes a long time and sometimes doesn't work.

14. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Kinda sucks to see that it doesn't work anymore. It was great while it lasted.

15. Jackizzback macrumors newbie

File Fix

Is there a way to get into the app and update the files that were modified? If there is, all that needs to be done is take whatever file, strings, plist. Etc that allowed the MXTube users to use their app, and copy it into the MiTube.app. Please reply if you have any info regaurding this.
    :apple:

16. Richheart macrumors newbie

Alternatives

As I don't wish to JB I will use vlc to import videos via iTunes apps.
    Just d/l on PC and add files to the vlc app via iTunes
    By the way, I don't get why Apple blocked Mitube. :(

17. Jackizzback macrumors newbie

Apple had nothing to do with MiTube's issue it was all on Google. Google updated the mobile YouTube site causing the old strings in the MiTube application to become dysfunctional.

18. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Workaround

Using a desktop application similar to MiTube, a remote access app like TeamViewer or LogMe In, plus DropBox, would be a great alternative to MiTube, and also to similar needs.

19. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I was one of the lucky few to download it before Apple removed it. Shame it doesn't work anymore. I also got HandyLight and Monino :D

20. simourning macrumors newbie

Search for the video downloader by "DreamDevLasers", I think it works.