calling all photoshop experts!

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by bluetooth, May 18, 2007.

  1. bluetooth macrumors 6502a


    May 1, 2007
    Been playing around with this all evening and have not quite figured it out. Trying to figure out how they curved the pages in the ad below for iwork. It is a sort of 3D effect.

    I have been playing with the 3D filter but cannot seem to pull it together.

    Any ideas? :cool:

    Attached Files:

  2. BlizZ10 macrumors member

    May 18, 2007
    Well its actually quite easy... there are many methods

    -you could edit>transform> wrap

    -or you could use the pen tool to create it

    -i also think there is a filter you could buy or download im not sure if its a free filter or not

    -there are other methods just look up some tutorials online:
  3. snickelfritz macrumors 65816


    Oct 24, 2003
    Tucson AZ
    A displacement map would also work.
    Part of it will probably have to be hands-on artwork.
  4. Halcyon macrumors 6502

    Sep 21, 2006
    Not exactly Photoshop, but the same suite :)...if you want to use Illustrator.

    Place image in Illustrator document > Embed image > draw rectangle over it > select rectangle and image and make clipping mask > Object - Envelope Distor > make with mesh > distotr as you please...

    Instead of make with mesh step, you can apply any of the other distort/warp procedures available in illustrator.

    Note. works when image is a .psd, have not tried other formats.

  5. ATD macrumors 6502a

    Sep 25, 2005
    The warp tool in PS will work fine. Keep in mind that PS is a 2D program and you are looking for a 3D effect. PS does a good job but is not as dead on convincing as what you would get in a 3D program.

    If you are trying to work with the 3D layers in PSCS3 you have to import an actual model from a 3D program.
  6. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040


    Oct 12, 2005
    I was thinking the same.

Share This Page