Calling all plus model owners

jcorbin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
Why did you get a plus model?

For me I wanted the bigger/better screen and bigger battery

I found that I also like all the landscape capabilities as well.

chfilm

macrumors 68030
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
The battery and dual lens camera are both killer reasons to go plus! Also you get used to the size super quickly, which I had never expected, but these two plus the bigger screen make this the best iPhone I had since the 4!

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
All of the plus' benefits were major factors. Larger screen, higher resolution, better battery life, dual cameras. All things I wanted. I was also left wanting a bit more after I got my regular 6. The only negative I have about the plus is the pocketability.

Reactions: Jetcat3

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
February 2015: I got the 6+, 128GB because it was the largest iPhone model I could gouge Sprint for both in size and capacity and price. At that point I was very angry that Sprint still could not provide decent LTE coverage and speed in Phoenix - so at least they were going to give me the phone for my trouble.

September 2015: Ported to T-Mobile. Had to trade phone in, so it was just an easy thing to upgrade to the 6s+.

I much prefer the physical size. Battery was never a consideration as long as it lasted as long as my iPhone 5 had.

LoliS

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2017
My family members that chose the Plus chose it for the bigger screen and better camera. They are both women and keeping a large phone in a purse isn't a problem for them.

Neither are power users so battery life wasn't an issue for them.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G4
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Ok the reasons why I bought the 6 plus specifically were because of the larger display, the 1080p resolution, that it was available in 128GB of storage and the excellent battery life.

I came from android and had been using large screened phones with high resolution, expandable storage and removable batteries since the original galaxy note in 2012. I left the iPhone in 2012 primarily because I wanted a high resolution phablet with expandable storage.

So to switch back to the iPhone it had to have a large enough display, with at least 1080p resolution and enough internal storage and battery life to offset the fact that the memory couldn't be expanded and the battery was not removable.

I've had every plus model (6+, 6S+ and 7+).

Reactions: Jetcat3 and jcorbin

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

For me I wanted the bigger/better screen and bigger battery

I found that I also like all the landscape capabilities as well.
I appreciate the extra screen real estate and and 1080 P display. Also, an underrated feature, is I like landscape/portrait mode, Which the smaller 4.7 does not have.

Reactions: jcorbin

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
I wanted the better camera, more RAM, and the bigger battery. Those were the priority in my decision. However I like my 6s more than my 7 plus. The size and resolution.
It's weird, I know.

sallenthornton

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2014
Larger screen! Then after owning it for a while, I would say it's the battery life! Great phone. Fits my needs perfectly.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I've been used to larger phones since the Note II. Everytime i try to use a small phone, its a bit weird. Larger phone offer better battery and screen real estate

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I got the first 6 Plus which was a dog performance wise but I love the big screen and battery life. I traded to the 6S Plus and it's been the best iPhone I've ever had. I would consider trading in the fall if the new version supports the Pencil. Otherwise, I'm a happy camper.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
I got it because I wanted the bigger screen. The other bonuses are nice to though: longer battery life, slightly higher resolution (though honestly I don't really notice it unless I'm comparing the two sizes side by side), OIS on the camera (I have a 6S+ so no dual camera, though that seems like a pretty drool worthy feature).

I actually eventually ended up selling my iPad because my phone is big enough to do the tasks I'd do on an iPad, and when it's not I just pull out my computer.

OriginalAppleGuy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I originally went to the Plus size with the 6S+ and continued the tradition with the 7 +. The plus has the better camera which is important to me (tend to leave the SLR at home now), battery life increase, better RAM specs with the 7, and a big reason - eyes. I started to have to wear reading glasses and with the larger screen, can use a larger font without sacrificing that much info so I may be able to read without the glasses.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I went from 6 to 7 Plus. Initially I opted for the 6 because I wanted to try it out and not go too extreme too quick in case I ended up hating the huge size.

Anyway, eventually I really started envying the Plus models. The size didn't feel unreasonable. It felt like a breath of fresh air actually. It made it a pleasure to watch video and play games. Battery seemed WAY better. Extra landscape features. Extra camera features. Etc. All of that played into my decision, and I'm glad. I love my 7 Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.