Calling all plus model owners

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Mar 12, 2017.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

Why did you get a plus model?

For me I wanted the bigger/better screen and bigger battery

I found that I also like all the landscape capabilities as well.

2. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Longer battery life + 1080p 5.5 screen my main reason

3. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

The "+" model had features and capabilities the smaller version did not.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

This as well as the fact that the regular size is big enough to lose one handed use so I figured if I had to give that up I'd go for as big of screen as possible.

5. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

The battery and dual lens camera are both killer reasons to go plus! Also you get used to the size super quickly, which I had never expected, but these two plus the bigger screen make this the best iPhone I had since the 4!

6. JohnApples macrumors 65816

All of the plus' benefits were major factors. Larger screen, higher resolution, better battery life, dual cameras. All things I wanted. I was also left wanting a bit more after I got my regular 6. The only negative I have about the plus is the pocketability.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

February 2015: I got the 6+, 128GB because it was the largest iPhone model I could gouge Sprint for both in size and capacity and price. At that point I was very angry that Sprint still could not provide decent LTE coverage and speed in Phoenix - so at least they were going to give me the phone for my trouble.

September 2015: Ported to T-Mobile. Had to trade phone in, so it was just an easy thing to upgrade to the 6s+.

I much prefer the physical size. Battery was never a consideration as long as it lasted as long as my iPhone 5 had.

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

It wasn't until the 7+ that I even considered the bigger phone. I did it for the camera.

9. LoliS macrumors regular

My family members that chose the Plus chose it for the bigger screen and better camera. They are both women and keeping a large phone in a purse isn't a problem for them.

Neither are power users so battery life wasn't an issue for them.

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Ok the reasons why I bought the 6 plus specifically were because of the larger display, the 1080p resolution, that it was available in 128GB of storage and the excellent battery life.

I came from android and had been using large screened phones with high resolution, expandable storage and removable batteries since the original galaxy note in 2012. I left the iPhone in 2012 primarily because I wanted a high resolution phablet with expandable storage.

So to switch back to the iPhone it had to have a large enough display, with at least 1080p resolution and enough internal storage and battery life to offset the fact that the memory couldn't be expanded and the battery was not removable.

I've had every plus model (6+, 6S+ and 7+).

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I appreciate the extra screen real estate and and 1080 P display. Also, an underrated feature, is I like landscape/portrait mode, Which the smaller 4.7 does not have.

12. CEmajr macrumors 601

Battery life and to a lesser degree, display size

13. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

After seeing the latest Sports Illustrated plus model cover, I knew I had to have a 7 plus phone. I appreciate the bigger and better screen, along with the longer battery life. Thus far, I like the 7plus as much as I did my 4s.

14. pat park macrumors 6502a

15. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I wanted the better camera, more RAM, and the bigger battery. Those were the priority in my decision. However I like my 6s more than my 7 plus. The size and resolution.
    It's weird, I know.

16. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

All about the screen size for me most of all. Everything else is just toppings. It's hard to go smaller after you go plus.

17. Ca_lvn macrumors member

18. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I'm skipping the 7/7+ this year. Last year I bought both the 6S and 6S+. I enjoy using both.

19. sallenthornton macrumors regular

Larger screen! Then after owning it for a while, I would say it's the battery life! Great phone. Fits my needs perfectly.

20. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I've been used to larger phones since the Note II. Everytime i try to use a small phone, its a bit weird. Larger phone offer better battery and screen real estate

21. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I got the first 6 Plus which was a dog performance wise but I love the big screen and battery life. I traded to the 6S Plus and it's been the best iPhone I've ever had. I would consider trading in the fall if the new version supports the Pencil. Otherwise, I'm a happy camper.

22. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

I got it because I wanted the bigger screen. The other bonuses are nice to though: longer battery life, slightly higher resolution (though honestly I don't really notice it unless I'm comparing the two sizes side by side), OIS on the camera (I have a 6S+ so no dual camera, though that seems like a pretty drool worthy feature).

I actually eventually ended up selling my iPad because my phone is big enough to do the tasks I'd do on an iPad, and when it's not I just pull out my computer.

23. Debel macrumors regular

Debel

24. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

I originally went to the Plus size with the 6S+ and continued the tradition with the 7 +. The plus has the better camera which is important to me (tend to leave the SLR at home now), battery life increase, better RAM specs with the 7, and a big reason - eyes. I started to have to wear reading glasses and with the larger screen, can use a larger font without sacrificing that much info so I may be able to read without the glasses.

25. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I went from 6 to 7 Plus. Initially I opted for the 6 because I wanted to try it out and not go too extreme too quick in case I ended up hating the huge size.

Anyway, eventually I really started envying the Plus models. The size didn't feel unreasonable. It felt like a breath of fresh air actually. It made it a pleasure to watch video and play games. Battery seemed WAY better. Extra landscape features. Extra camera features. Etc. All of that played into my decision, and I'm glad. I love my 7 Plus.