Calling all rMBP owner's late October and November

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jack2wai2, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jack2wai2 macrumors member

:apple: Everyone of us seem to beleive that 15 rmbp is the test run for future retina macbook pro family. However, it has various issues like bleed, Image retention, stuck pixels, and all sorts of problem about the display. Now, the problem is, Apple announce 13'' macbook pro with retina display. So, did Apple do a silent tweak to the screen or what to make the corporate dare to try again?

Please post the condition of rmbp on tis screen purchased late october or early november. Opinions are much appreciated.

2. Kyleptrsn1 macrumors newbie

15" rMBP 16GB, 2.7, 768GB purchased October 25th. LG screen. No problems whatsoever.

3. harry454, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012

harry454 macrumors 6502

2.6 Ghz/ 16 GB Ram / 512 SSD/ LG Screen / Week 46 Build - LP154WT1-SJA1

Ordered October 31, shipped November 13th. No imagine retention, no scroll lag, no issues whatsoever.

EDIT: ran the test again today, two days of use since getting it. Faint IR starting to appear when doing the checkerboard test.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I ordered a 15"/2.6GHz/16GB/512GB model on October 23, got a Samsung screen, and from what I can see over the past 2 weeks, my screen is perfect. I haven't done any specific tests for it, nor am I going to, but I did load a different colour profile to make the colours better.

5. mrkjeezy macrumors member

15" rMBP 8GB, 2.6, 512GB purchased early NOV. LG screen. No problems whatsoever.

6. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

Ordered November 5th. Picked up on November 15th. 2.6GHz i7/256SSD/16GB Ram Manufactured week 45 (last week) Samsung display, no problems/issues.

7. *Sonic* macrumors newbie

October for me

2.6ghz / 16Gb Ram / 256Gb SSD / LG Screen

I seem to suffer from the following (which I am putting down to ML bugs but I could be wrong

1. Screen saver freezes and only a hard power off fixes it

Since the latest update

2. Very laggy on coming out of screen saver on occasion and screen doesn't display properly for about a minute

3. Youtube sound stops (only a reboot cures this) but system sounds are fine

4. Bootcamp partition not always visible

8. Hpye macrumors 6502

15, 8gb, 2.3, 256gb, bought it yesterday nov 15, no problem yet

9. jack2wai2 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for that

did your rmbp come preinstall lion or mountain lion? I came across other said a fresh install can help. Me personally do not like screen saver function. Instead, i use hot corner function to turn off the display whenever I can

10. *Sonic* macrumors newbie

ML Preinstalled

I have since swapped the 256gb ssd for a 512gb ssd pulled from a Mac, and did a fresh install of ML from the internet recovery option and I haven't experienced any of the previous issues upto now, but I also haven't applied the latest update either

11. nephilim7, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012

nephilim7 macrumors regular

15" rMBP "ultimate" purchased Nov 6, samsung panel, no problems at all, came with ML 10.8.0, updated to 10.8.2, Graphics Update 2, play games in bootcamp, never seen the SMC bug. This thing smokes.

edit: built week of Oct 15.

12. Hezzaa macrumors member

2.3 GHz/16 GB/ LG Display. Built in week 35. Got all the latests software.

Got image retention and the screen sometimes partly freezes or starts flashing what previously was there, sometimes lags like hell and in games sometimes having 2fps in places I usually have 120fps, power nap doesn't work.

13. Mac-Tech macrumors regular

Mac-Tech

14. Cjallen macrumors newbie

my 15" rMBP is two weeks old, LG screen and no problems whatsoever. I only have scrolling lag on facebook and its a dream on every other site. It's the best thing I've ever purchased.

15. iPersian macrumors regular

apple has not solved the problem. look at the discussion forums at apple.com.

there are still users complaining on the screens. we know for a fact that the problem persists even on week 44 laptops.

16. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I received my 2.7/16/512 in October with an LG screen. It had no issues for a month or so and then started having bad image retention. The Apple Store (North Michigan Ave, Chicago) would not do anything about it. So I sold it and went back to a 17" MacBook Pro for the time being.

17. samuelk0814 macrumors member

I ordered one from the Apple website a few weeks ago and got the base model. It came with an LG screen, which was fine with me, but what was not all right was the creaking bottom case. I exchanged it for a new one which came with a Samsung, and this one is perfect (except there are scratches inside the thunderbolt ports).
    I gotta say, I really prefer the toned down Samsung screen compared to the super saturated one that the LG had. Overall I'm pretty happy.

18. gotzero macrumors 68040

2.6/16GB/256SSD 15" Ordered 11/4/2012

Mine has an LG screen with two dead pixels on the far right side (which I cannot even see sitting at typing distance). No image retention and the screen looks great. It takes me a long time to shut down, and I cannot figure out how to wake from sleep in clamshell mode (besides opening and shutting the lid). Other than that everything is great. Runs one 2560x1600 and two 1200x1600 monitors without any hiccups, distributes work over 8 threads no sweat.

19. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

I've got this exact machine, purchased six days earlier...10/19. LG screen as well. No IR. No lag
    We've also got the base model-Samsung. No issues
    Adobe CS 6--AE, PS, Premier, LR, Illustrator, and In Design. Maya, FCP7/X, Compressor, Logic, Aperture and Avid/ProTools. Both machines eat our '09 MacPros for lunch. Amazing performance. Couldn't be happier--and much easier to take 'work on the run' for sure.

20. Oblivion426 macrumors member

I've got a week 45 machine. Samsung screen. Power nap is non functional on mine. Tried reinstalling OS, tried it under different wi-fi connections to no avail.