Calling All Scalpers!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoeBenjamin, Sep 18, 2014.

1. JoeBenjamin macrumors newbie

JoeBenjamin

Dear iPhone 6 scalpers: Please die in a fire. Hugs and kisses.

I'm in the Tampa International Plaza line and a covered tent that went up near the front of the line with ~4 people at 6PM has grown to about 15. Rumor has it a local attorney is paying these shills to buy phones so he can scalp them on eBay. Apple's aware of what they're doing, and when 6 of these people rolled up on motorcycles about 30 minutes ago and mall security even got Tampa PD involved, but there isn't much they can do. One of the women yelled at the mall security "I'm not even in line!" :-S

2. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

Yeah they suck, I couldn't get the 5s i wanted last year cause of these scalpers.

3. Mansu944 macrumors regular

Suck it Jose. I've got a 6 plus showing up tomorrow. But if I can get $1,500 for it I will.

4. itjw macrumors 65816

Hell ya.

People only like capitalism and free markets when they get their way. If not it's "not fair". If someone wasn't willing to PAY the crazy prices, scalpers wouldn't exist.

If you want something, either do what it takes to get it first before the scalpers (and you can, you just make a choice not to), or be willing to pay fair market price.

The sad part is, it's usually the people claiming to champion freedom that get the most butt hurt when, because of freedom, things don't go their way.

5. toxicity033 macrumors member

yiKeS! that is my store..but there's no way im going there tomorrow. how's the line right now? I'm just going to try my luck and stop by verizon at 8 tomorrow, if that doesn't work..i'll just wait for the preorder:confused:

6. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Life's a bitch. Not fair and all and doesn't give a **** if it is.

7. 1968 macrumors regular

I feel bad for the poor attorney. He's obviously just trying to make ends meet with a little side scalping.

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Sadly that's part and parcel of a new iPhone launch. They will hang around for weeks , and they will make a profit sending it to countries that apple is not launching in. I feel bad for the genuine people that line up.

9. Mansu944 macrumors regular

BTW, Jose, you can relax. I love it and I'm not selling.

10. beosound3200 macrumors 6502a

theres a difference between buying for yourself and for money. in my opinion, consumer should always have the advantage to merchants. one per person, apple.