Calling all smart JB'ers

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by beachdaman, May 27, 2011.

1. beachdaman macrumors newbie

So you think you can crack any iPhone problem.... here is mine....

My iPhone is not being detected by computer....

I have a JB 3g, just replaced LCD and glass. I believe it was 4.2 with a bb of 6.15.

Power button doesn't work.

Computer will power the phone, but not recognize it. DFU application gets stuck at "s_looking for iphone"

I checked the apple mobile drive to see if that was running (it is). I also hooked up my back up iphones and they were recognized by the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am stumped. I know there are a lot of bright people on these forums and hope one of you has a solution.

2. luked14 macrumors 6502

Have you tried forcing in and out of DFU mode with Tiny Umbrella?

3. svenn macrumors 6502

What a great attitude. I'm sure people will be lining up to help.

4. beachdaman, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011

beachdaman thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try tiny umbrella, but I think it wont work, since the computer is not recognizing this particular iphone... The computer recognizes my other iphones, but not this one....

@svenn, lighten up man, rise to the challenge....

Yeah, TU wouldn't recognize iPhone. However, I now downloaded the great new interface, so thanks for that tip.

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Are you using a stock sync cable?

do you have access to a different computer?

If your on a windows computer, you maynwant to try going into device manager and under USB delete the apple drivers, reboot and trynit again.

6. beachdaman thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, its stock. I did use a different computer and same problem, it powers it but does not recognize it. Right now i am contemplating that something is wrong with the docking port and considering swapping it out for another to see if that fixes the problem... but any thoughts would be appreciated.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

what doesnt recognize it "iTunes" you say it powers the phone so when you say doesn recognize it are you meaning iTunes only if thats the case uninstall and reinstall itunes

8. beachdaman thread starter macrumors newbie

It is not being seen by computers (two different window laptops).

When I try to use TU or other DFU programs, they get stuck trying to find the phone.

Like I said, mb the docking port connections,.

it is weird it is getting a charge from the computer, so that i can see the apple logo or itunes recovery logo (if holding the home button when plugging in USB cable), but it is not being recognized by the computer.... stumping me.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

mmm, could it be the cord, can a faulty cord give it enough juice to charge but not enough to do anything else??

10. beachdaman thread starter macrumors newbie

I did try two different cords, one stock, one generic.... but good thinking... any other thoughts?

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When you replace parts on the phone, poor connections can screw with the computer's recognition of the phone.
    If it's not the cord, the replacement may be the culprit.