Calling all web designers!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by cyrilshark, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyrilshark macrumors newbie

Hello everybody.
    My name is Cyrilshark, I've been doing graphics for about
    a year now. I have a request to make. I need any web designer who has
    no idea what or how to make a signature, to attempt to make one without asking for help, using google, or anything like that. The dimensions will be 360 (width) by 120 (height). I will quickly post different elements of a signature, but you may not ask any questions about them or how to do them.

Depth
    Flow
    Lighting
    Focal
    Colors
    Effects

Theres a few more but that all I can do for you. Then I will take your signature and post it on another forum (GimpTalk) and get some criticism from them, giving of course full credit to you. The point of this is to seea few things. If any of the elements above can be used in a web design, (because odds are if your signature has those elements, you learned them from web designing), then to see how well someone can do making something even though they don't know what it is, how to do it, but they do know how to use the tool they will be using to make it (e.g Photoshop, GIMP, etc.).

Thanks,
    Cyril

2. B-Ryan macrumors newbie

That has nothing to do with actual web design. A good web designer has the following skills:
    1. A solid graphics arts background (not just print)
    2. UX (user experience) training
    3. UI (user interface) Design
    4. Audio - as in sound manipulation: protools, cubase, ableton and able to use a sound board
    5. Animation: 3d Max or Softimage Lightwave, Flash
    6. Basic Programming: .net, php, css, html, javascript, ActionScript
    7. Video: Actual camera techniques, After Effects, Final Cut, Premiere, strong knowledge of video formats and the difference of them.
    8. Illustration training.

All of those elements make a good Web Designer. I'm sorry to say a signature will not give that information.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I don't see any point to this thread. Sounds like you just want someone to waste their time.

4. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Hmm I agree - not to seem dismissive, but what is the point?

Are you doing a research project for a course? What makes you think you will get any conlusive results from what you are asking?

/Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.