Calling any programmers/app builders!

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by ChicktinCreations, Dec 4, 2015.

1. ChicktinCreations macrumors newbie

ChicktinCreations

I am self-employed and obviously use my iMac (El Capitan) for my business. I am a sculptor so have a lot of photos to deal with. I would LOVE a little app that splits a folder once opened into 3 parts, where I can move other folders about within the three parts. For example, I have an "Orders" folder. In that are "Orders made" "Orders waiting payment" and "Completed" I would love something really simple like a couple of horizontal lines within the folder that visually spilt it up for me. A bit like in Pages where you can insert a table of any size/number. At present I am just arranging them and moving them as needed, but god forbid I ever hit the tidy up button, they would all be in disarray. If I put the 3 categories into 3 folders within the one folder, I would be forever opening up the 3 folders and splitting the window and moving between the three. I would like it all in the main folder and easy to see and arrange. Example of what I would like is in the photo. I know I can view in horizontal levels if I made the folders, but I don't like that arrangement.

Attached Files:

2. Appels macrumors newbie

Appels

Not a Finder solution, but you may take a look at Ember for photomanagement, a handy app that may also serve as source of inspiration.
    As for Finder, did you try the tab functionality (cmd T) or create smart folder (alt cmd N)?

3. Patolino macrumors newbie

Patolino

Very simple: assign tags to each order status then go to the view menu and choose ARRANGE by TAGS

4. ChicktinCreations, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015

ChicktinCreations thread starter macrumors newbie

ChicktinCreations

Thank you Appels. I will take a look at Ember, and will try the commands you mentioned.

Patolino I will try working with the tags too. I did read something about that when researching El Captian. Thank you

5. Patolino macrumors newbie

Patolino

6. Appels macrumors newbie

Appels