Calling Dr. Mac - PB G4 "Thinks" I Have Inserted A Blank CD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rdp322, Mar 1, 2008.

1. rdp322 macrumors newbie

Hi, Folks - My PB G4 running 10.4.11 indicates on startup that it sees a Blank CD in the built-in drive. First it launched iTunes. Then when I changed the settings, it prompted me to choose an application to burn the CD, so I am guessing the problem does not related directly to iTunes. I can find nothing in the settings to explain this. The only explanation I can think of is that I recently burned some files using Roxio Toast Lite 6.0.7. Besides setting the computer to ignore the nonexistent CD, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. - Becky

2. rdp322 thread starter macrumors newbie

"Phantom" CD Fix Linked to M4PtoMP3 CD Converter

Hi, Folks -

Figured out the problem. Last month I installed M4P to MP3 CD Converter so I could move iTunes media to my Blackberry. This creates a "virtual disk" that shows up in the disk utility. Thought I had deleted everything. Until I carefully started picking through the System library. There's a sneaky little file called StartupParameters.plist that hides in CDBurnerService in the Startupitems folder. The text of the document contains start and stop messages for the CD Converter. Bye, bye plist; bye, bye virtual disk and launch on startup. Hope this helps if anyone else runs into this problem. - Becky

3. lurice0 macrumors newbie

Can't fix this

I burn music cd's on my PowerBookG4 in iTunes. The cd's play in car and in other computers just fine. But when i put them in my mac my mac thinks it is blank.

Becky, I can't find the .plist file you were talking about is there any other program or file i should look for to delete that is causing this problem? Help Please.