Calling ipad 3 owners how comfortable are you with IOS 7 ?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ramram55, Nov 9, 2013.

1. ramram55 macrumors 6502

I am still on IOS 6 with iPad 3, waiting for good words from who ever upgraded to iOS 7, to install iOS 7, whenever the lagging and batter fast drain problems end.
    How comfortable are you with iOS 7 ? just want to know.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This has been asked numerous times about iPad 3.
    Try search function.

FWIW, our iPad 3 works perfectly on iOS7 (set up as new, did not restore to backup)

3. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

It was horrible enough on iOS 6... unless you didn't bother to see how fast the 4 was, then it was perfectly fine :)

4. SueG macrumors member

SueG

Installed ios 7 on ipad 3 on day of release. No problems at all.

5. ramram55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Get rid of the 3 and keep apple happy buying new one. What a waste after 1 and half year of using it.:)

6. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I felt the same way about 4 months after buying my iPad 3, when Apple came out with the 4...

Then I realized; my iPad does everything I use it for very well. This realization kind of broke the yearly update compulsion for me. I say "kind of" because I did just go from an iPhone 5 to a 5s.... (had the upgrade available)

I'm still happy with my iPad 3 though. Still on IOS 6, but like I said; it does everything I use it for very well.... (light surfing, email, reading)

7. =E= macrumors regular

=E=

When I use the smart cover function to turn off the screen, Im having problems with my WIFI. It won't simply turn on when I use the smart cover. BUT when I use the power button to turn on/off my screen - it works with out problems.
    This is the only issue I have with iOS 7 on my iPad 3.
    (On my iPad mini, it works with out problems.. so I don't know :confused:)

8. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

For majority people, iPad 3 is enough. People aren't using iPad as heavy duty machine. People are using it as laptop replacement for light duty tasks. For these, iPad 3 is good enough. Though it does not have all the features iOS 7 offers, such as AirDrop (which I found rather useless to me) and burning effect, but it is good enough for everyday tasks.

9. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Just to add to the choir: iPad 3 on iOS 6 was great. On 7 it's less than OK.

If you are still in 6. Keep it on 6 for now.

10. w5jck macrumors newbie

iOS 7 on my iPad 3 is okay. A few slight slowdowns from iOS 6, but not many. Otherwise it has been a good update. Aesthetically though I think iOS 7 is really ugly in a few places. I hate the white screens for many of the native apps. If they would get rid of the white screens and light colored text on their native apps, I would be very happy. Over all though I like iOS 7 and I am happy I upgraded to it.

11. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Laggier that ios 6 but has a few features I thought was worth upgrading for. I'll prob be upgrading to the new ipad next year. Been disappointed with the iPad 3.

12. Mtmspa macrumors 6502a

13. Liebo macrumors regular

Liebo

14. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Works OK for me. The odd issue like keyboard being a bit slow to appear at times, but no crashes, and all apps run just like they did on iOS 6, and the apps are more important than the operating system version anyway. I was going to upgrade to iPad 5, but I can wait until they add TouchId next time round.

15. hieubui.rtz macrumors member

You are lucky

16. Sven11 macrumors 6502a

It's working perfectly fine for me, it doesn't lag at all. (except opening spotlight search which lags on pretty much every iOS device :rolleyes: )

Maybe some of you have to do a restore...

17. old-wiz macrumors G3

I upgraded my iPad 3 to IOS 7. The only time I saw a lag was when trying to change the wallpaper. Other than that, it's worked fine; I could tell no difference otherwise.

18. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Same here. Don't know if doing it as a restore and update then loading my iCloud backup made a difference since that's how I always do big updates. But I haven't had any issues with iOS 7.

19. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

Works fine for mine. I have Background App Refresh and Automatic App Downloads off and Reduce Motion on, though.

20. gglittle macrumors regular

Installed 7 on an iPad 2 and 3. 7 has been functioning very well on both devices. I recently performed a battery calibration on both and simply unplugged them from power to let them run down. 3 days latter both were still showing greater than 85%. I finally had to force drain them by starting an app and leaving the screen at bright. That is the best battery life I have ever had.

21. booyahbooyah, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

booyahbooyah macrumors regular

iPad3 owner and user here.

I stopped using Safari because it doesn't show the entire URL any more.

I switched to Chrome because I can now sync bookmarks with PCs as well as Macs (with Safar they stopped updating for PCs).

My Chrome keeps crashing when I have more than 3 browser tabs open.

iOS7 on iPad3 has been an all-round negative for me. I've decided I'm not buying any more Apple products for a while. Product developments are in flux, and I'm not upgrading my iPad3 for another 2 years. Hopefully there will be some good non-Apple alternatives when I'm ready to upgrade.

22. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

I'm still on iOS 5 since I had no reason to update to iOS 6. Also I had some very nice JB features such as animation speed and quick access to settings. Even on iOS 5, I still noticed occasional stutters and load times, but I'm a bit tempted to update to ios7.

I guess until the app updates no longer support ios5, I'll move to 7.

23. enthusiastic macrumors regular

I updated to iOS 6 on release date and to iOS 7 on release date. Although I am not as satisfied with the second update (I didn't notice a difference when I went to iOS 6), it has been going pretty well so far. Opening spotlight has a lag (it lags on my iPhone 4S too), the keyboard, when switching to and fro between numbers and letters, sometimes has a lag. Other than these, I see so issues.

I wouldn't buy iPad Air if I weren't going to give this to a family member.

24. kf9vh macrumors newbie

kf9vh

Perhaps the Ipad 3 owner should start a class action law suite against apple. Color me in.

25. SchuettS macrumors 6502

My iPad 3 works great using 7. My iPhone 4 on the other hand is terrible.