Calling on Mac via iPhone doesn't work after switching to Verizon?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by whohasaquestion, Feb 16, 2016.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502

So this is something that happened after swtiching my carrier from Cricket to Verizon. I am talking about making calls on Mac via iPhone 6S+ cellular network. I have Voice & data enabled on iPhone Setting but it just won't work. Then I read somewhere that Verizon Wi-Fi calling is only available on Samsung S6 and S6 Edge. Is this the reason why it's not working? Has anyone got it to work?

I am currently on a Verizon Individual post-paid plan. Please advise.

2. lparsons21 macrumors 6502

lparsons21

Check to see if FaceTime on the Mac is set right.

3. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I do not think this is "Wi-Fi calling" from Verizon's point of view - this is a feature of your iPhone and OS X. If you have not tried it yet, I would de-authorize your Mac in Settings on your phone, then re-authorize it.

A.

4. whohasaquestion thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys. I finally figured it out. So in my hours of trouble shooting, I changed my Apple account password in the process, rebooted my mac, logged in with the Apple ID with new password...but somehow, every apple app needs to be relogged-in, FaceTime, iTune...etc, for them to work properly.

iTune prompted me to enter new password, so I took care of that. But FaceTime never did, so I just assumed it knew what it was doing. Wrong.

One lesson learned. Don't change your Apple account password. It's a pain in the @$$