Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
So this is something that happened after swtiching my carrier from Cricket to Verizon. I am talking about making calls on Mac via iPhone 6S+ cellular network. I have Voice & data enabled on iPhone Setting but it just won't work. Then I read somewhere that Verizon Wi-Fi calling is only available on Samsung S6 and S6 Edge. Is this the reason why it's not working? Has anyone got it to work?

I am currently on a Verizon Individual post-paid plan. Please advise.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Then I read somewhere that Verizon Wi-Fi calling is only available on Samsung S6 and S6 Edge.

I do not think this is "Wi-Fi calling" from Verizon's point of view - this is a feature of your iPhone and OS X. If you have not tried it yet, I would de-authorize your Mac in Settings on your phone, then re-authorize it.

A.

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Thanks guys. I finally figured it out. So in my hours of trouble shooting, I changed my Apple account password in the process, rebooted my mac, logged in with the Apple ID with new password...but somehow, every apple app needs to be relogged-in, FaceTime, iTune...etc, for them to work properly.

iTune prompted me to enter new password, so I took care of that. But FaceTime never did, so I just assumed it knew what it was doing. Wrong.

One lesson learned. Don't change your Apple account password. It's a pain in the @$$

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.