Calllock: Lock the screen during calls.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by simplydat, Dec 3, 2010.

1. simplydat macrumors member

CallLock is a tweak that locks your iPhone screen during a call. It can be enabled either manually or automatically and will prevent you from accidentally pressing buttons that could dial, mute, hold, or hangup a call by mistake. This is especially useful for people who have a faulty proximity sensor in their iPhone 4.

MANUAL MODE:

CallLock will override the default action of the Power button during a call to lock the screen instead of the normal end call action.

AUTOMATIC MODE:

CallLock will automatically lock your screen as soon as a incoming or outgoing call is connected.

CallLock is enabled in manual mode by default. To enable CallLock automatically you must turn on the feature from inside your Settings app. No new icons will be added to your home screen.

Available on cydia for only $0.99. I just purchased mine.. it works beautifully.

Credit goes to BigBoss.

2. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Can I please ask you to do an experiment :)? Can you please take or make a call. It automatically puts you on lockscreen or only if you get it to your ear? If you unlock it, to say watch your calendar, will it lock itself afterwards if you keep talking?

Thanks

3. simplydat thread starter macrumors member

It does not use the proximity sensor to lock your phone automatically...

It has two modes, auto mode automatically locks it when a call is dialed or received, you can unlock it and go do something else, but then you will have to lock it again manually afterward using the power button.

If you choose manual mode, you will have to press the power button to lock the screen. and of course you can unlock and lock it again repeatedly.

4. DavidFL macrumors member

Update Version

I just installed CallLock. There is a new version out and now it will activate by the proximity sensor when you put the phone up to your ear.

If you need to access your calendar, web, etc., during the call, you just "slide to unlock" and go about your business. When you put the phone back up to your ear, the screen locks again.

It seems to work perfectly. Thank god someone came out with a solution to this really annoying problem!!

5. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

just press the sleep button twice and save yourself $0.99...

6. DavidFL macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Well, when I press the sleep button and I'm not using headphones, the call hangs up. So for me the $0.99 was well spent.

7. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Why would I want to hang up the call?

8. outz macrumors 6502

fyi - this app now has the option to lock when the prox sensor detects your face. def worth the .99

9. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

top 10 MUST HAVES for a jailbroken iphone 4, without a doubt

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Great app, must have if you have an i4 with prox issues.
    Love the prox sensor automatic lock feature.