calls connect but nothing happens

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jobbs appleseed, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jobbs appleseed macrumors newbie

my phone can connect to the internet send and receive text messages and emails, but every time i make or receive a call nothing happens. The phone shows that the call has been connected and times the call but i cannot hear anything and no one can hear me. I also cannot hear voice messages although the phone displays them playing.

i have already tried removing the sim card and restoring the network, but i am hesitant to restore the entire phone to factory settings, and dont want to have to take it all the way to the apple store.

i love the i phone but need it to actually work as a phone

open to suggestions.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. NETEFX.NET macrumors newbie

calls connected but nothing happens?

Are you able to hear anything when you switch the phone to play through the speaker as opposed to the ear speaker?

The ear speaker and the mic are completely different components. For both components to be non responsive the issue is related more than likely to the logic board. This does not mean its hardware as indicated in the previous posts it could be your iPhone just needs to be restored, reset or restarted.

If you are under warranty, have Apple fix it for you or just call tech support and they will walk you through the steps. If you are out of warranty, and if the restart, reset and restore do not work find a iphone repair shop that will provide you free diagnostics and have them check it out.

4. jobbs appleseed thread starter macrumors newbie

i just tried restoring it and im still having the same problem. Ive tried speaker phone and that does not work either. i have also just noticed that no music can be played on the phone (with and without headphones).

any way around going to the mac store to figure this out?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing much u can do but bring it to apple.
    You got some hardware issues.

6. AppleHack23 macrumors member

You probably got the phone that the guy who was packaging the phones dropped, and then packaged it. Lol, just kidding I don't know how they package them at Apple. Probably by machine.