Calls dropping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AngusW, May 5, 2015.

1. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Ok so I was just trying to talk to someone and had the call drop not once but twice on me. I'm sitting in my office at work with 3 - 4 bars of reception on my iPhone 6 plus. Earlier I had another call that the guy couldn't hear me easily. I've never had this much trouble before.

BTW I work in downtown Boston if that helps.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

What carrier, in case that might make a difference? And what signal do you have when this is happening (LTE, 4G, 3G, etc.)?

3. I7guy macrumors G5

4. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

Verizon, it's happened a couple of times prior to yesterday but when I'd call the person back I was good. Yesterday was the first drop during call 1 then on call 2 drop yet again.

5. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Would have helped you more if you posted this in the "Verizon" forum. This isn't Apples problem from what I read.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or maybe it might be.

7. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

When I did a google search I saw a few articles about it happening on other carriers as well.

8. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Maybe the Verizon forum is better. I'm with AT&T and I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call.

9. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's totally a Verizon issue. You'll need to talk to them.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

What exactly completely rules out anything iOS/iPhone related? It's likely or at least the first suspicion that it's something carrier related, but it doesn't on its own rule out something outside the carrier. But, yes, contacting the carrier would be one of the first/main things to do.